The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 07/01/2022

1656694266728.gif

Blade: Treet Super Power, 1st use
Brush: DS Cosmetic T4 Resin
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Apex Alchemy Shaving To the Moon Puck
Aftershave: Apex Alchemy Shaving Brain Freeze Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Inspiration Balm
Additional Care: Christian Dior Homme Cologne EdC

Summertime treat shave today! Starting the 3 day weekend a little early - got my mowing in early though it is already 90! I needed a cool-down! Apex Alchemy did such a great job with this soap - not only a lemony homage to the rocket pops we all know so well - the soap itself is tri-colored. Pretty cool. This is one of the few of these fun scents that I didn’t pick up the matching aftershave- so I finished with an AAS Brain Freeze - which is an homage to blue raspberry slurpees (Aidan’s most favorite)! Finished off with the lemonade-like Dior Homme Cologne. This is ironic because I hadn’t planned this - but while I was mowing the lawn - made some blueberry lemon sun tea - so all ready!

So here’s an unusually pivot. A couple of months ago, I told @Fightingillini22 and @GearNoir that The Razor Company was doing a collab with Eleven Shaving……an homage of YSL Homme Intense…..the week it was supposed to release - the shipment got damaged. Looks like it is now available at TRC after several months (the artisan must have had to remake the whole batch) - but now it is an homage to the original Mugler Angel Man……I’ve never tried so I don’t know, but based on the notes - a completely different scent family.

Anyway, for my Canadian friends out there:

1656694697080.gif

And to my US pals - Happy 4th early! May everyone have a safe and happy weekend!

Jammin’ to Sirius XM Top 500 Summer Hits…….here’s one from my time…..

Last edited:
Excellent shave and frag choices! I’m trying to resist using my small bottle of DHC until warmer days…but it’s a struggle! Such a great scent!

Weird about the collab flip-flip on the scent. I wonder why that happened? 🤔

Man you’re got an Heljestrand with a Koraat on the way?! And with your previous acquisitions, your SR collection is impressive. One of these days I may up my SR game.
I dig all your razors my friend! I am just lucky I don’t have any other hobbies and now that the kids are older - a little spending money 😂

SOTD: 07/02/2022

1656776832098.jpeg

Razor: Dovo 5/8” INOX Olive Wood
Brush: Boti Brush White Brown Wood Resin
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Heritage Hill Shave Company Continental Puck
Aftershave: Murphy & McNeil Banzai! Aftershave with a splash of Stirling Tangerine
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: Hanae Mori HM EdT

I should have done a shave video because today’s shave was On Fleek!

1656777057166.gif

I’m really digging the straight shaving - and I really love the @Bill M Sharp Edge (patent pending - no bleeding required)……Today was mentholated tangerine with orange and tangerine post shave. Bam! Stuck the landing.

In other areas - my trials and tribulations continue with the Home Pod set up. I refuse to go negative other than to say - this gent that was an Apple Fanboi since 2003 has purchased his last Apple product.

1656777550200.png

Other than that - looking forward to hopefully a very chill weekend! Have a great day everyone!

SOTD: 07/03/2022

1656854146519.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Green Handle
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Heritage Hill Shave Company Libertas Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Lime Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Ferrari Radiant Bergamot EdT

I tell you - the “car” fragrances are really good buys - Bentley, Mercedes, and this Ferrari (I have seen that Nissan has one as well - Is there a Jeep frag?). The soap is an homage to Abercrombie & Fitch Woods is, well, a woody frag - but I finished off with two citrus based scents in the AS and cologne; As long as you match the colors of the labels - everything goes together, including fragrances - so I’ve been told - kinda like Garanimals.

1656854569719.png

And just for the record - the French have disappointed me. Yes, I know they helped us out in that Revolution thing - but I found a TI straight razor on one of their websites and for some reason no 4th of July sale - what gives? And to boot - the words were all in French!

1656854867074.gif

Have a most fantastic day!

Last edited:
And just for the record - the French have disappointed me. Yes, I know they helped us out in that Revolution thing - but I found a TI straight razor on one of their websites and for some reason no 4th of July sale - what gives? And to boot - the words were all in French!
While it may be impossible for you. Some great Bastille Day sales are only 11 days away. Check back on that website July 14th!

Also some helpful French website words for you:

Ajouter au panier = add to shopping cart
Commander = Order (Checkout)

I have a TI straight to sell. I’ll give you a 4th discount as well! 😁 🇺🇸🎇💥

I have a TI straight to sell. I’ll give you a 4th discount as well! 😁 🇺🇸🎇💥

I will take you up on that this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back