The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 07/04/2022

1656938677291.gif

Razor: Dovo 5/8” INOX Olive Wood
Brush: Yaqi Ferrari Rough Complex
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Heritage Hill Shave Company Independence Hall Puck
Aftershave: Tampa Shave Company Classic Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male EdT

Happy Independence Day for anyone that lives in the middle of North America! I hope everyone is safe and happy and enjoys their time with their families if they can.

Great shave today! Decided to switch it up a little - no citrus or booze in this shave. Independence Hall (still in the greatest city in the US)…..is a sandalwood based soap. Tampa Shave Co Classic is a lot like the original Floid Vigoroso - very nice. They don’t appear to make shave software anymore - but I love their Lime & Mango AS. The Dovo slid smoothly across my face like Bobby Clarke on the Spectrum Ice.

Will post a video today- there will be blood - just not on my face 😮! @BarberDave has jinxed all straight shavers!

Have a happy and safe 4th!

I’m still trying to wrap my head around his 4th of July shave picture looking like Christmas

SOTD: 07/05/2022

1657033899509.jpeg

Razor: Thiers Issard 5/8” 1196 Evide Sonnant Compostelle
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Peregrino
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Ethos Grooming Essentials Fresco Croap
Aftershave: Ethos Grooming Essentials Lime, Tangerine, & Spearmint Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man The Healers Balm
Additional Care: Acqua di Parma Colonia Club EdC

Love this firm base by Ethos - and of course anything from their Agrumes line! The AS probably isn’t in @Graybeard57 liking - I did have him add a splash of Spearmint. ADP Colonia Club FTW!

Last night was good - Aidan ran around the neighborhood checking out everyone’s fireworks. Definitely tamer that last year. But he got to use some sparklers and there were some smaller versions of the big booms that tickled his fancy.

1657034080481.jpeg

So I posted another vid - this time a little more O+ donations. One day I will bat 1.000

Have a wonderful day everyone!

So here’s an unusually pivot. A couple of months ago, I told @Fightingillini22 and @GearNoir that The Razor Company was doing a collab with Eleven Shaving……an homage of YSL Homme Intense…..the week it was supposed to release - the shipment got damaged. Looks like it is now available at TRC after several months (the artisan must have had to remake the whole batch) - but now it is an homage to the original Mugler Angel Man……I’ve never tried so I don’t know, but based on the notes - a completely different scent family.
Catching up, that is QUITE the scent profile pivot - I still had it in my list to watch for but hadn't moseyed over to TRC yet this week. That's a bit of a bummer, Homme Intense is a great scent, never tried Angel Man but the notes are definitely not the same!

I had completely forgotten about Garanimals until our son was born and it unlocked many old memories, specifically walking up and down those distinctly 80s/early 90s color palate Kids-R-Us aisles with my mom and sister and seeing those displays (while wearing some, I'm sure.)

ukbjsimvgly21.jpg

Glad that Aiden enjoyed some of the smaller neighborhood fireworks!

Catching up, that is QUITE the scent profile pivot - I still had it in my list to watch for but hadn't moseyed over to TRC yet this week. That's a bit of a bummer, Homme Intense is a great scent, never tried Angel Man but the notes are definitely not the same!

I had completely forgotten about Garanimals until our son was born and it unlocked many old memories, specifically walking up and down those distinctly 80s/early 90s color palate Kids-R-Us aisles with my mom and sister and seeing those displays (while wearing some, I'm sure.)

ukbjsimvgly21.jpg

Glad that Aiden enjoyed some of the smaller neighborhood fireworks!
I can’t believe Garanimals are that old (I’m still older than them - but just by a little 😂)

Last edited:
Some of the best things (and people) came out the 70’s (just saying) - though @GearNoir will probably tell me I still smell of the 70’s 😂
5B1FED8D-9EB7-4F2B-8C39-3D61F73F3AEF.gif

Looks like a great time was had yesterday! I’ve never gotten the chance to light off a firework that goes higher than 5 feet in the air. Probably never will 😢

SOTD: 07/07/2022

1657196248253.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Fatboy
Blade: Gillette King C. Gillette, 5th use
Brush: Oumo Brush Pandora Universe
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: CBL Soap Inconceivable Croap
Aftershave: CBL Soap Inconceivable Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Acqua di Parma Essence di Colonia

Another fantastic release by CBL from their “Princess Bride“ line…..fantastic front end of citrus and peach while the moss, geranium, and sage round it out really nicely - wonderful blend. It pairs well with the cologne - not a dup by any means - they just go well together.

I have a new one - I fell asleep last night - TRC had a collab with Heritage Hill and 345 Soap - really cool set based on Creed Erolfa - and need little shot of the Constitution on the label………only 50 sets available. I put it in the cart - got sidetracked……then fell asleep…..so no soap for me!

1657196594125.gif

Nothing but meetings today - need to get the coffee ready…..

Have a great day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back