The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 06/29/2022

1656511967054.jpeg

Razor: Stando Polska Prowe 2 With Svarga Handle
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless (Green), 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Goblin
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Maggard Razors Limes & Bergamot Puck
Aftershave: Maggard Razors Limes & Bergamot Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: Henri et Victoria Lime EdT

Lime overload today! This soap and AS are one of my favs - so much that they are one of 5 sets that I have backups just in case. It was tough to pick a frag today - because I have a bunch with lime notes - but I chose HetV because - well that’s the only note 😂

Work is actually busy this week - inprocessing two newbies -whose HR stuff isn’t lined up, and their hand-offs who would normally show them the ropes are on vacation. Plus the boss in still in Hawaii, interviews for a person leaving, plus a major project that just got kicked off. But I shall not let the day overcome…..1656512197693.gif

Charge!

1656512477809.gif

Have a great day my friends!

so much that they are one of 5 sets that I have backups just in case.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Great shave Brian!! That is a great soap and scent. I may have to pick up some of the splash (if you've left any, that is... 😐 )

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Great shave Brian!! That is a great soap and scent. I may have to pick up some of the splash (if you've left any, that is... 😐 )
I make no promises on the stock - it is really good stuff and I must confess I have more than one backup bottle of it 😂

SOTD: 06/30/2022

1656619562919.jpeg

Razor: C.V. Heljestrand Eskilstuna
Brush: Chisel And Hound 3056RC IPA Manchurian Badger
Bowl: Stirling Soap Apothecary Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Central Texas Soaps Hill Country Dew Puck
Aftershave: Central Texas Soaps Hill Country Dew Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Sun EdT

Shave soap & AS are an homage to Mountain Dew - very nice citrus with a cooling kick! I was going to go with 4711 Lemon & Ginger - better scent match - but since I rarely hit the D&G Light Blue Sun - figured hey - why not? It’s one of those forgotten flankers.

Got some good news for the hobby side of me. This week I had ordered the Koraat and was told the turn-around time would be 5 weeks. Just got an email from the artisan who let me know that they had one available now and were sending it out. Pretty cool beans.

My Phils are in a rut - had a great road trip - but now they are home against the dreaded Braves who are eating their lunch.

Have a great day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back