The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when extra-digit people felt their were no hobbies specifically for them!
There is an old (coal mining?) town in western PA that was largely settled by inhabitants of a small region in Europe. They brought with them polydactylism, which persists to this day. I met a gentleman from there, and he indeed had two thumbs tips, nails and all, on one hand.

Last edited:
Great - Now I have to stop hanging out with the raccoons
We had a raccoon acting oddly in our neighborhood by our house last summer/fall. A neighbor circled around it on a bike, warning away kids on bikes, drivers, etc. Finally, after hours of this, the police came and shot it on our front lawn. We were worried about rabies, but it turned out to be distemper. At one point, my son was fending it off with a 4 ft tree branch until I could hand him a rake with a longer handle.

SOTD: 06/26/2022

1656274051038.jpeg

Razor: Dovo 5/8ā€ INOX Olive Wood
Brush: Boti Classic Stable Wood & Orange Resin
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Master Soap Creations Grapefruit Zest Puck
Aftershave: Ethos Grooming MĆ©lange dā€™Agrumes Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Inspiration Balm
Additional Care: Cremo Citrus & Mint EdT

Well - I am tuckered out. Aidan and I went to the pool today- you have to love a town public pool with water slides and a lazy river - though Aidan treats the latter like an Olympic event. He likes his independence and tries to swim off - but since he had a seizure in this lazy river pool a few years back (he is on different meds now) - I make sure that he is within arms length - so it is a constant tug of war šŸ˜‚ It is cool seeing him being a typical 19 year old - but the dad in me just doesnā€™t let go.

The water slides are fun and it is cool now that he is over 18 that we can swim during adult time together at the 50 minute mark of each hour. This is a pretty cool complex - the indoor pool is huge - 10 lanes and it is 20 feet deep because they have Olympic diving platforms as well. But Aidan prefers the outdoor one - so outdoors it was today. During the winter the town has another complex that has a small indoor water park - it isnā€™t like Great Wolf Lodge - but it is nice to go during the cold winter months.

Shave was great - how could it not be? Grapefruit!

1656274565280.gif

Here are a couple of shots of the pool today:

1656274720807.jpeg

1656274773294.jpeg

1656274822899.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back