The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 06/20/2022

1655763520982.jpeg

Razor: Stando Polska Gryphon With Suomi Handle
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless (Green), 2nd use
Brush: Razor Emporium Amber & Black Best Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Ginger’s Garden Iced Mint Tea Stick
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Iced Mint Tea Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Refreshment Balm
Additional Care: Imaginary Authors Saint Julep EdP

Needed a refreshing shave - this one provided by Ginger’s Garden that she made special for me. Nice little menthol kick to it as well.

Mint Iced Tea is my favorite summertime drink - especially when the tea is sun brewed. I don’t know why of the 1000 convenience and grocery stores that the bottled tea makers don’t make it - I haven’t seen it in forever - and technically I live in the South. Luckily - I have a sun brewer (gallon glass jar 😂) and mint tea bags a plenty.

Quiet day today - just chilled with Aidan and Jack and I gabbed about our teams losing and breaking their winning streaks. Being a fan of baseball in general - there was an exciting scene yesterday - this rookie kid from the Marlins named Encarnacion - he had his first major league hit. Now, usually this is exciting if this is your team - or your his family. But this dude belted out for his first hit - a game winning grand slam. Whoah!

Have a great evening everyone!

SOTD: 06/21/2022

1655825580249.jpeg

Razor: Thiers Issard 5/8” 1196 Evide Sonnant Compostelle
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Starcraft
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Imaginary Authors Telegrama Puck
Aftershave: Imaginary Authors Telegrama Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Lalique Pour Homme EdP

Nice shave with some “old school” scents - just all in all a good experience.

Nothing much to report - a little busy because my boss is on vacation and we have some new team members to get online - but other than that - hopefully quiet.

Heard back from the agencies - there are two places interested in Aidan - hoping to find out this week! Yay!

Have a great day

The Vikings are rampaging! First - all the positives - I’ve always loved the soap and now that I have the matching EdP to go along - really phenomenal experience. Two ironies - it isn’t a citrus bomb (though it does have some citrus) and the other is that I don’t like rose scents - yet this is so well blended that this is one of my favorites colognes.
Interesting. Viking is the only Creed I have and I don't care for the others to pay the price for them. I also hate rose scents and don't get any rose in Viking. I was thinking maybe I need to search it out, but then I might not like it. But now I've been thinking about it enough and I won't be able to get it out of my head and it's your fault.

I’ve bought two Apple products in the past month - and neither are ”just working” as they are “magically” designed
Bummer man. I've been impressed with the magical if not sporadic working. I can walk into the room with my AirPods in and if the Apple TV is on, it will show on the screen it can pair what's being watched with the airpods if I wish. Cool if I wanted that to happen. Annoying to those actually watching something. I also got super paranoid about losing our bags on this trip since we had a layover. I bought the airtags and they were super simple. I could even tell when they were being moved from one plane to the other in Denver.

please find something over the weekends and I will be more than happy to be Aidan’s aide
This right here man. No joking, you are truly a saint and deserve every bit of joy and happiness that comes your way. (maybe explains all the deliveries ;) )

Interesting. Viking is the only Creed I have and I don't care for the others to pay the price for them. I also hate rose scents and don't get any rose in Viking. I was thinking maybe I need to search it out, but then I might not like it. But now I've been thinking about it enough and I won't be able to get it out of my head and it's your fault.

Bummer man. I've been impressed with the magical if not sporadic working. I can walk into the room with my AirPods in and if the Apple TV is on, it will show on the screen it can pair what's being watched with the airpods if I wish. Cool if I wanted that to happen. Annoying to those actually watching something. I also got super paranoid about losing our bags on this trip since we had a layover. I bought the airtags and they were super simple. I could even tell when they were being moved from one plane to the other in Denver.

This right here man. No joking, you are truly a saint and deserve every bit of joy and happiness that comes your way. (maybe explains all the deliveries ;) )
Thank you my friend!

I’d definitely think Viking is one that is not a blind buy. I take full responsibility for getting in your head - do it - you must buy it (sorry was that out loud 😂)

It’s funny on the Apple front - that now that Apple is sending a replacement HomePod - that last night the features that weren’t working - showed up on the settings. I hadn’t made any changes - and I checked my previous screenshots to make sure I wasn’t seeing things. Then just as quickly - they were gone again. It’s definitely appearing to be a software bug - but there is no way to verify because Apple removed the feature for someone to set up the device from scratch (as you have the option for an IPad or iPhone). C’est la vie - hopefully the replacement will be good to go and then won’t have to worry about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back