The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 06/23/2022

1656004102096.jpeg

Razor: Rocnel SE-50
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 1st use
Brush: Backyard Sawdust Green Wave Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: 345 Soap Company Shark Bite Puck
Aftershave: Sphinx Beard Hawaiian Pineapple Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: John Varvaros Artisan Pure EdT

Hang 10 Dude!

1656004201897.gif

So - even though it is kinda blah outside - raining but sticky….wanted a vacationing type of shave. My Rocnel SE-50 is my Long Board of shaving. So perfect break and no chops for today‘s shave. Felt like JV Artisan Pure - the wicker says stacay vacay to me 🌊🏄‍♂️.

1656004162689.gif

So the boss decided to call in to one of our meetings from her vacation hideaway in Hawaii - so Pucker factor up to make sure we have every thing in line before she gets online……so as one of my favorite movies would say - this is the surfing equivalent:

1656004503080.gif

Have a great day my friends!

SOTD: 06/24/2022

1656114441818.gif

Razor: Monocero Husaria Mix
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 2nd use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Phantom Aerolite
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Pinnacle Grooming Aqua Marine Fougère Puck
Aftershave: Ariana & Evans The Undersea Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Inspiration Balm

Never noticed the wonderful citrus note in the AS until today - really bright - enjoyed the shave very much.

Not much to report today - just chillin’. Jack is happy that Aaron Judge is signed for the year with the Yankees. Phillies playing the Padres today - watched the game last night reminded me of how much I still want to settle down out there - wonderful city!

Have a great start to your weekend!
Additional Care: Versace Man Eau Fraiche EdT

SOTD: 06/25/2022

1656172828062.gif

Razor: Ertan Süer 6/8” Mon Fier Destrier
Brush: Boti Brush Classic Stable Wood & Green Resin
Bowl: Stirling Soap Apothecary Mug
Soap: Stirling Soap Island Man Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Island Man Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Inspiration Balm

Have you guys heard of this fan-dangled fad going on - this thing called straight razor shaving? Well let me be the first to tell you - it’s pretty darn cool, pretty darn cool!

1656172987969.gif

So - went the Stirling route today which always puts a smile to my face - and Island Man is the perfect blend of summery fun to me. Finished with an Alexandria Fragrances original which I know will shock everyone - has both a citrus AND a boozy note. Go figure.

Today I think will be a river walk day because tomorrow I think I’ll take Aidan to the pool.

Oh, I had a moment of maturity today - I talked myself out of buying a Wacker straight and a Thiers Issard straight. Ok, Ok, you broke me down, the two that I wanted with the scales I wanted were sold out - but I am counting that as a moment of growth. So there!

1656173245053.gif

Have a fantastic weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back