The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we’re stuck with the Imperial system - doesn’t that sound too much like the Empire from Star Wars though?
I've been trying to work Parsecs into normal vocabulary but the police aren't willing to accept that I was going 1.3 parsecs when they pulled me over.

I've been trying to work Parsecs into normal vocabulary but the police aren't willing to accept that I was going 1.3 parsecs when they pulled me over.
Because they know that's a distance measurement, not speed. :rolleyes: Luck they didn't test you for Romulan Ale ingestion.

SOTD: 06/15/2022

1655300405454.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS (Kamisori, Lime)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 5th use
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Green Striped
Bowl: Stirling Soap Apothecary Mug
Soap: Stirling Soap Boat Drinks Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Boat Drinks Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: Stirling Soap Boat Drinks EdT

This is one of the most fun scents in all of wetshaving IMO - to me always puts a smile on my face. Doesn’t hurt that it has a boozy feel 😂

My Kamisori Feather is my most challenging razor - I think because I don’t use it that often - that hurts with the muscle memory. But, it does provide a most close shave - I just have to go slow.

1655300559058.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

SOTD: 06/16/2022

1655387040802.jpeg

Razor: Homelike Shaving CTAPT 2
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Platinum (Black), 4th use
Brush: RazoRock The Hulk
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: House of Mammoth Sonder Puck
Aftershave: House Of Mammoth Sonder Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Inspiration Balm
Additional Care: Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio EdP

Noggin shave today. Broke out the HLS START 2 razor - been a while for this one. I had sold version 1 to get this. I really liked version 1 - but this Version 2 I love - such a well balanced piece of equipment. The wild thing is that the blade gaps for this one are much larger than the first version, yet I find this to be a smoother, milder razor that its predecessor. I’m not quite sure how that works - they could not have modified the head geometry that much because the baseplates for version 1 will work with Version 2. Shaving magic sorcery I guess. The other differences between the 1 and 2 were that you could get this as a stand alone razor - (1 cap, baseplate, and handle) where I don’t remember that option being available when I bought the 1. And if you do get the full package - which comes with 4 baseplates - 1 cap and 1 handle - version 2 only comes with all safety bar or all open comb baseplates, where version 1 had 1 open comb and 3 safety bars. Though you can get a stand-alone baseplate - which I did. The packaging is what also sells it for me.

House of Mammoth does great stuff - this is a citrus forward scent (of course). Finished off with some of the new ADG EdP.

Looks to be another warm one today. I am way behind on laundry - so indoors for me…….My Phils pulled out a miracle yesterday - hopefully that continues as the visit DC for a 5 game stand.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back