The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 06/13/2022

View attachment 85823

Razor: Ertan Süer 6/8” Mon Fier Destrier
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Phantom Aerolite
Bowl: Walmart Floral Bowl
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Summer Break Soaps Cannonball Puck
Aftershave: Summer Break Soaps Cannonball Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Refreshment Balm
Additional Care: Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2021 EdT

So not as hot as some - but still up there - 33 Celsius with 65% humidity - so it is either community pool or water balloon time today. So Aidan is stoked.

Shave - I had to go with the mood - this soap is exactly what it seems - imagine you are sweating away - poolside - sipping on your fruity adult beverage (orange & pineapple) and then you decide to just jump right into the deep end - the cold water engulfing you - that is this soap and AS experience. This was my first soap/AS with synthetic cooling agent -so I didn‘t realize it would sneak up on you - subtle at first -then without warning full blast. When I first put it on, I felt a little cooling -but not what I thought I should so I tripled up on the applications. It was so cold my teeth hurt 😂 So I’ve learned from experience (one of the few times).

Anyway, Aidan and I first have to stop by the Special Needs Placement Center - get the job applications finished and fingers crossed, we’ll be all prepped for the summer and the school year.

Have a great day everyone!
toocold.gif

I’m trying to get you louts to join the rest of the world with the Metric System! One Nurse Dave at a time.
They taught us the metric system back in grade school (in the 1970's!!!) but it didn't stick. I do have a cheat sheet next to my computer to do metric to inches conversions (and back the other way) for about half of my drawings here at work. And I always love telling people in Europe that it gets to 48 Celsius here in Vegas.

So great news on the Aidan interview front……we think we can get him placed to help on a farm - which would be right up his alley!

Farmer Ted approves….
Sorry. My reply was in reference to your description of the synthetic cooling agent and its effect on you (and your teeth). 🥶
I stand corrected my brother - welcome back into the fold 😂

I worked on a farm one summer.

Truly unforgettable.
So did I. A friggin' organic one. So not only did we have to hoe the weeds by hand, they sprayed bacteria on the corn to kell bugs. Apparently, because bacteria isn't a chemical that's fine. I couldn't pick the corn because it was giving me these odd fluid-filled rashes. I still get a flare-up of it once or twice a year.

So did I. A friggin' organic one. So not only did we have to hoe the weeds by hand, they sprayed bacteria on the corn to kell bugs. Apparently, because bacteria isn't a chemical that's fine. I couldn't pick the corn because it was giving me these odd fluid-filled rashes. I still get a flare-up of it once or twice a year.
All matter is a chemical.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back