The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 06/12/2022

1655030633903.jpeg

Razor: Dovo 5/8” INOX Olive Wood
Brush: Yaqi Ferrari Rough Complex
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Ariana & Evans Cuban Highball Puck
Aftershave: Ariana & Evans Cuban Highball Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Refreshment Balm
Additional Care: Jacques Zolty Severo EdP

Good morning - another straight shave. Cuban highball is one of 4 soaps that I have multiple pucks - I just love this scent - the booziness of the drink, a splash of citrus, and a very good tobacco note. Just wonderful way to start Sunday.

It’s pouring rain right now - so looks like Aidan and I will be headed to Urban Air.

Have to do a lot of paperwork today to prep for Aidan’s interview - I have him enrolled in a work study program. Hopefully he’lll get to work at the vets or with a computer.

Have a great Sunday!

SOTD: 06/13/2022

1655135258100.gif

Razor: Ertan Süer 6/8” Mon Fier Destrier
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Phantom Aerolite
Bowl: Walmart Floral Bowl
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Summer Break Soaps Cannonball Puck
Aftershave: Summer Break Soaps Cannonball Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Refreshment Balm
Additional Care: Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2021 EdT

So not as hot as some - but still up there - 33 Celsius with 65% humidity - so it is either community pool or water balloon time today. So Aidan is stoked.

Shave - I had to go with the mood - this soap is exactly what it seems - imagine you are sweating away - poolside - sipping on your fruity adult beverage (orange & pineapple) and then you decide to just jump right into the deep end - the cold water engulfing you - that is this soap and AS experience. This was my first soap/AS with synthetic cooling agent -so I didn‘t realize it would sneak up on you - subtle at first -then without warning full blast. When I first put it on, I felt a little cooling -but not what I thought I should so I tripled up on the applications. It was so cold my teeth hurt 😂 So I’ve learned from experience (one of the few times).

Anyway, Aidan and I first have to stop by the Special Needs Placement Center - get the job applications finished and fingers crossed, we’ll be all prepped for the summer and the school year.

Have a great day everyone!

33 degrees and a chilling soap? BRRRRRRR! BTW, now that I know who your work for, I feel it's appropriate to hide my communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back