The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 06/08/2022

1654714845975.gif

Razor: Ertan Süer Drakkar
Brush: TonmiKo Curly Birch Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Oleo Soapworks Shiloh Puck
Aftershave: Oleo Soapworks Shiloh Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Inspiration Balm
Additional Care: Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

All this talk about Citrus put Acqua Di Parma on my mind. So I love this soap because it’s a great base, it’s an homage to ADP, and happens to be the name of the girl that got away. Dated her all through college (everyone reminded me she was way above my league 😂) - decided 1/2 way through senior year that I wanted to be a wild rover after she had moved out to Philly to go to school near me.

But friends this has a happy ending - she went ahead and got her PhD from an Ivy League School - U Penn and is now a tenured teacher and mental health professional…..the latter probably due to my influence - dealing with my craziness 😂

So love the scent- and just got the new Ertan Süer in the mail today - so took it out for a spin.

I’m probably going to do a night shave for the dome - and bring on the freeze! Have a great rest of the day!

.the latter probably due to my influence - dealing with my craziness 😂
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

SOTD: 06/08/2022

View attachment 85372

Brush: TonmiKo Curly Birch Badger
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Oleo Soapworks Shiloh Puck
Aftershave: Oleo Soapworks Shiloh Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Inspiration Balm
Additional Care: Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

All this talk about Citrus put Acqua Di Parma on my mind. So I love this soap because it’s a great base, it’s an homage to ADP, and happens to be the name of the girl that got away. Dated her all through college (everyone reminded me she was way above my league 😂) - decided 1/2 way through senior year that I wanted to be a wild rover after she had moved out to Philly to go to school near me.

But friends this has a happy ending - she went ahead and got her PhD from an Ivy League School - U Penn and is now a tenured teacher and mental health professional…..the latter probably due to my influence - dealing with my craziness 😂

So love the scent- and just got the new Ertan Süer in the mail today - so took it out for a spin.

I’m probably going to do a night shave for the dome - and bring on the freeze! Have a great rest of the day!
You can never go wrong with ADP!!

YOU DOWN WITH ADP?

giphy.gif

Great shave Brian! I keep seeing deals on the grey market for Essenza but it gets a ton of horrible reviews. Clearly it has “it” for you! What’s your hot take on it?
A1B3FADC-D9CE-4CF2-BF15-F5BDC462B5B3.gif

Great shave Brian! I keep seeing deals on the grey market for Essenza but it gets a ton of horrible reviews. Clearly it has “it” for you! What’s your hot take on it?
View attachment 85385
I like it - to me it’s just a stronger version of the original. I like the Club flanker better - but all in all I think you can’t go wrong with any in the line. If the original is just meh to you though - I don’t think this will wow , it’s a nicely blended Cologne but not ground breaking

SOTD: 06/10/2022

1654874616820.jpeg

Brush: Yaqi Goblin
Soap: Oleo Soapworks Pucker Puck
Aftershave: Oleo Soapworks Pucker Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: LaCoste L.12.12 Blanc Eau Fraîche EdT

Fantastic shave this morning - straight up Limon! The EdT was a nice freshy follow up. Really digging the Ertan Süer razors - great edge right out of the box. Provided a quick close shave.

Beautiful sunny day - so hopefully positivity straight through.

Last night was an important watch - I’d consider it necessary. This isn’t FB so I will leave it at this - I have been fortunate to be a citizen of this country for what it offers and was afforded the opportunity to travel via the Army and have seen first hand what it is not to have what we have here. We should not take it for granted - it is fragile, it is precious, and too many men and women have paid the ultimate sacrifice to ensure we maintain it.

On a less serious note - the Phils have turned it around and have swept two series straight - just one game under .500 - so hopefully this continues - been enjoying seeing 7 plus runs a game!

I’m off to court for my kids - wish me positive thoughts!

Have a great day my friends!

Last night was an important watch - I’d consider it necessary. This isn’t FB so I will leave it at this - I have been fortunate to my country for what it offers and was afforded the opportunity to travel via the Army and have seen first hand what it is not to have what we have here. We should not take it for granted - it is fragile, it is precious, and too many men and women have paid the ultimate sacrifice to ensure we maintain it.
This!!!

...Additional Care: LaCoste L.12.12 Blanc Eau Fraîche EdT...
As I was riding the train to downtown this morning, a couple of YT frag reviewers videos popped up reviewing the Blanc Eau Fraiche - of course I watched them and it sounds nice!

I have a sample vial of YSL Y Eau Fraiche coming in the mail to help determine if I should pick up a bottle of that as it's on deep discount at Nordstrom Rack still. If I don't love the YSL version, might have to scoop the Lacoste one once it hits discounters.

As I was riding the train to downtown this morning, a couple of YT frag reviewers videos popped up reviewing the Blanc Eau Fraiche - of course I watched them and it sounds nice!

I have a sample vial of YSL Y Eau Fraiche coming in the mail to help determine if I should pick up a bottle of that as it's on deep discount at Nordstrom Rack still. If I don't love the YSL version, might have to scoop the Lacoste one once it hits discounters.
I have the YSL Y EdP and love it -and I’ve read and have seen great reviews on the Eau Fraiche as well. The Lacoste is a great informal warm weather frag - good do well with either my friend

Double Shave Today

1654956075395.jpeg

Razor: C.V. Heljestrand Eskilstuna
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Green Striped
Soap: First Canadian Shave Mojito Chill Puck
Aftershave: First Canadian Shave Mojito Chill Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man The Healers Balm
Additional Care: Guerlain Homme EdP

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 4th use
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Green Striped
Soap: Stirling Soap Margaritas In The Artic Puck
Aftershave: First Canadian Shave Mojito Chill Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man The Healers Balm
Additional Care: Guerlain Homme EdP

Felt like some icy, citrusy, minty, goodness - so did the trick. I was able to get the Seaforth Mug - but by then it didn’t come with the Iced Lime - so filled it with Stirling Margaritas in the Artic.

1654956178508.gif

@Bill M - thank you so much for the honing - you did a fantastic job on the Heljestrand. Even though it was only a week, it seemed like I hadn’t shave with the Vector for some reason. It Didn’t disappoint - smooth sailing.

My Phils are cranking them out - back to .500. Some of the sparkle diminished as their normal horrific bullpen returned to almost give up the game, and for some reason their closer seems to think he has to allow people on base - but the bats kept them in it so I’ll take it.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

I have a C.V. Heljestrand straight. Used it quite a lot back when I still “straight” shaved. Great edge on it.

Have a great one brother!
Thank you my friend! I was blessed as it was a gift from @BarberDave and then @Bill M was so kind to tighten up the edge so I was spoiled rotten with this shave! (plus the citrus and boozy of the soap and AS of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back