The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only issue of the shave is while the new razor came shave ready - my other razors have the 333 leader @Bill M honemeister touch…..I may need to make him an offer to do his magic on this one….it has a nice edge - but I want an elite edge.
It has been formally decreed by the International Order of Self Certified Honemeisters that my use of illegal honing gear denies me any claim to use of the modern term “honemeister”

Since I generally follow guidelines penned in his handbook from 1860’s by a master German cutlery grinder, ‘old style’ razor sharpener is acceptable.

I’ll be glad to work on your stuff.

1654548153959.jpeg

This would have been my shave today - but then I realized that the cologne does not match the soap & AS. I wouldn’t want my buddies at the TSC to think I am gauche…….so off with that as my shave.

Now I’m sure I know what you’re thinking - “Now Brian - don’t you own M&M Gael Laoch Orange which is an homage to that very cologne there?“ And you’d be correct - but the reason why I chose Gael Laoch and not GLO was that I wanted the menthol kick.

Now I’m absolutely certain that your retort would be “Well just add some B&M Terrorade drops” and yes, while I could do that - now I am flustered and I don’t want a bad vibe - I couldn’t do that to the Rocnel - it needs me to be in a jivey vibe.

So there you go - no shave today I think, but i did go back after trying to deal with Fragrancenet to get the stuff I ordered - I’ll keep this stuff and get the Viking from a different vendor.

I wouldn’t want my buddies at the TSC to think I am gauche……
giphy.gif

I’d keep trying when you can with the vendor. I’ve heard it does take some effort, but people have done it successfully. You should definitely get what you paid for!

Is there supposedly a big difference between the Viking cologne and EdP? I tried one and wasn't impressed. Maybe I should try the other.. :unsure:

I got lost in the middle there. Do I understand correctly that there was so much turmoil created in matching your scent to your AS that you gave up and skipped the shave all together?

Is there supposedly a big difference between the Viking cologne and EdP? I tried one and wasn't impressed. Maybe I should try the other.. :unsure:
both get some hate in the frag world - the original because it was supposed to replace Adventus as the next best cologne and the Viking Cologne (which ironically is also an EdP - because of the price and I believe inherited hate from the original.

Personally I like both - but like the original better - ironically not for the citrus but because it has mint and absinthe that gives it a peppermint feel. It has been thought of as Old Spice ish - but I don’t get that at all.

The Cologne you probably have smelled because I believe you have the Gael Laoch Orange from Murphy & McNeil. Viking Cologne is spicier than the original and has a nice orange note to it

SOTD: 06/07/2022

1654616029817.jpeg

Razor: Ertan Süer 6/8” Mon Fier Destrier
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Christmas’21 Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Stirling Soap Glacial Strawberry Lemonade Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Glacial Strawberry Lemonade Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cologne EdT

Hot day - what better way to cool it that with some GLACIAL (OOOO YEAY!) Strawberry Lemonade from Stirling. That’ll wake you up in the morning.

Cold is hopefully going away - thank goodness the antibiotics kicked in pretty quickly. Voice is a little hoarse and scratchy - but a least I’m not stuffy so feeling a lot better.

Aidan has his last day of school today - going to pick him up in 5 min - 1/2 day today.

Have a wonderful day!

Glad you are feeling better, Brian (y)
Good to hear you are doing better.
Glad you're feeling better, brother!
Thank you friends - much appreciated! I’m glad they didn’t have to resort to leeches and blood letting to get the bad humors out.
Glad there’s lemonade in there because strawberry is certainly not citrus or boozy.
I considerer strawberry a red citrus 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back