The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 06/04/2022

1654384224664.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 3rd use
Brush: Boti Brush Classic Stable Wood & Green Resin
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Ariana & Evans Siam Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Garden of Bali Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: LaCoste L.12.12 Blanc Eau FraƮche EdT

Second shave of the day - decided to do an evening noggin shave. Basically the scents are green freshie so to speak. This is A&E new vegan base which TBH is just as good as the regular base.

Scent notes for the soap: Mandarin, lemongrass, ylang ylang, green tea, black tea, orchid, lotus, bamboo, Thai vetiver (imported from Thailand),sandalwood and musk.

Scent notes for the AS: Top notes of lime, lemon, grapefruit, orange, orange blossom and sea salt. Middle notes of ambergris, seaweed and ozone. Base notes amber moss, benzoin and bamboo.

Scent Notes for the Frag: Top notes are Grapefruit, Ginger and Lemon; middle notes are Apple, Juniper and Lavender; base notes are Vetiver, Ambroxan and Cedar.

Have a great night!

SOTD: 06/05/2022

1654442055610.jpeg

Razor: Ralf Aust 6/8ā€ Spanish Tip
Brush: Yaqi Ferrari Rough Complex
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Zingari Man The Healers Puck
Aftershave: Zingari Man The Gypsy Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man The Healers Balm
Additional Care: Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Forever EdP

Well I chose this soap & AS because I really love the scent - The Healers was a special release early on in COVID for a fundraiser for health care workers - using the Gypsy scent - Grapefruit, Cucumber, and Pineapple. Very bright - very cheery. Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Forever is my favorite of the Light Blue line because of its realistic grapefruit.

Just got back from Urgent Care - and I do have a bacterial infection - bummer for today because I really feel clogged and I wanted to take Aidan to the pool - but maybe Iā€™ll leave work early tomorrow and weā€™ll go down - Iā€™m hoping the anti-biotics kick in soon.

All in all still in a cheery mood - Aidan and I will get a Cotton Candy milkshake and do some STEAM projects instead.

Have a great day!

Well šŸ’©! Hope the antibiotics work their magic quickly! Glad you can still make a decent day of it at least!

Well šŸ’©! Hope the antibiotics work their magic quickly! Glad you can still make a decent day of it at least!
Iā€™ve been lucky that all during COVID I havenā€™t had so much as a sniffle - so hopefully this all clears up soon. But it gives me an excuse to get a milkshake šŸ˜‚ But no beer watching baseball today - demā€™s da breaks.

My body is Wilford Brimley in the movie The Natural - yelling at his players right before the pennant race

1654443245567.png

Iā€™ve been lucky that all during COVID I havenā€™t had so much as a sniffle
Itā€™s interesting. Many people use this as an example of how we can stay healthier or people just always wash their hands more and wear a mask when they are sick. Our infectious disease doc is of the doom and gloom ilk and points out we likely have less natural immunties built up by not being exposed to as much in the last two years. So another theory is colds and the flu will be worse in the coming years. I think itā€™s best to play it safe a lick a few door handles from time to time keep up those antibodies!

I love the theory behind them, but havenā€™t brought myself to use one. It was very satisfying as a nurse to hook up wall suction to one side of a babies nose and squirt saline in the other. Bingo! They can eat again!
I find the Neti works really well - I use one of those squeeze bottles from Amazon for $8 so you can do either natural flow or a ā€pressure washerā€œ mode. The Navage seemed like a ton of extra work and clean-up and really expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back