The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
RING....RING....RING....click....."Brian is unavailable for the next few hours as he will be shaving every part of his body with multiple razors. Please leave you name and a brief message and he will select an aftershave in your honor to dab on the area he is currently shaving."

SOTD: 06/03/2022

1654265800639.gif

Razor: Ralf Aust 6/8ā€ Spanish Tip
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Ice Tube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Catieā€™s Bubbles Summer Solstice (SFWS) Puck
Aftershave: Catieā€™s Bubbles Summer Solstice Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: Abercrombie & Fitch First Instinct EdT

Fantastic shave this morning - absolutely love the scents - they just say - Summer! Iā€™m ready to dive in!

1654265956304.gif

The soap and AS are part of WCSā€™s releases for the South Floridaā€™s Wet Shavers (SFWS)ā€¦ā€¦.which I find ironic because all the artisans that ever participate are from the North East (Caties Bubbles, Wholly Kaw, Barrister & Mann, K Shave Worx) or South West (Stirling, Murphy & McNeil)ā€¦..go figure.

The soap is a hard puck which is unusual for Caties Bubbles - the lather seems typical of their other releases. The scent is a nice citrus, melon, and sandalwood blend with a little bit of hedione to give the beachy feel. The balm I used is another one of those limited releases from Soap Commander - with some menthol added to the melon and citrus notes.

The cologne is an A&E classicā€¦ā€¦.got everything I needā€¦..

1654266291082.png

The only issue of the shave is while the new razor came shave ready - my other razors have the 333 leader @Bill M honemeister touchā€¦..I may need to make him an offer to do his magic on this oneā€¦.it has a nice edge - but I want an elite edge.

Have a great day!

SOTD: 06/04/2022

1654348048551.gif

Razor: Ertan SĆ¼er 6/8ā€ Mon Fier Destrier
Brush: TG Shave Co Honey & Cream
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Shaving Shop Club Mimosa & Melon Puck
Aftershave: Apex Alchemy Shaving Bottomless Mimosas Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Inspiration Balm
Additional Care: Jil Sander Sun Men EdT

I had to try out this new fad of citrus and boozy scents - this is new to me and I had to see what all the fuss was about šŸ˜‚

Sorry my blog was hacked there for a minute - of course this was a great shave for me - both artisans did a great job with both scent and performance. Jil Sander Sun has a very nice orange note - no booziness - so I may layer some Pepe Jeans Cocktail on top of it.

Nice to try out another straight - I can see, just like yesterday, why these artisans are making a splash. I love the olive wood for scales. I do want to tighten up the edge to make a little sharper.

Hopefully Aidan and I will do something in the sun today- I woke up and my right ear is clogged- hopefully just sinus issues and not an infection - overall still feel pretty good.

Have a great day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back