The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 05/31/2022

1654015299694.jpeg

Razor: REX Supply Co Konsul
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Spearhead Shaving Fleur de France Puck
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Man from Mayfair Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Penhaligons Sartorial

Quick shave today with some traditional barbershop / fougere type scents! I‘m off to pick up Jack for his pre-graduation lunch and then I officially have my second out of HS! 2 down - 2 to go!

Tough to compete against those world-famous Aviators for sure!
I'm a Dodger fan...I only go to Aviator games. I don't really care if they win or lose.....just as long as my beer price doesn't get any higher. Besides, the A's are probably headed here in a year or two and I'm NOT going to be a fan of theirs. Oh, I'll go to the games.....but I'm 100% Dodger fan.

Well it is official………I’m proud of him, it was hot, but there was some breeze, there were points of humor that I’ll elaborate some other time……and he didn’t ask for college money……YET 😂 but he did get a new phone out of it - his broke while were were going to lunch - he dropped it - so luckily there was an AT&T store nearby and I qualified for an upgrade……otherwise it would have been flip phone city for him 😂

1654044641945.jpeg

SOTD: 06/01/2022

1654091136844.jpeg

Razor: Monocero Husaria Mix
Blade: Willy’s Premium, 3rd use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Peregrino
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Black Ship Grooming Tortuca Croap
Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Tortuga Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Refreshment Balm
Additional Care: Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Unlimited EdT

Well - going to be a scorcher - I live below the M-D line - so technically the South - so a Sweet Tea scent seemed appropriate 😂 All around great shave. Finished off with a special release balm from Soap Commander - based on Sweet Tea.

I’m recovering from the glaring sun and heat of Jack’s graduation - but it was nice - and to their credit - just around an hour which was good. Jack loved his graduation gift - $$ - which I’m proud to say he is socking away for school. We’ve had some long discussions about it - he doesn’t quite know what he wants to do - so he’s going to CC to knock out he basic credits, plus get some IT certs under his belt - which will help with the summer jobs. He already works a lot - 5-6 days a week (he was much different as a pre-teen where he thought money grew on trees). Well I’m proud of him and the way he has turned out - he’s a great young man.

It was a bummer about his phone breaking, he was actually going to get one on his one money - but I thought with all the time he works, his goals, the least I could do is a good phone (And insist on a better case this time).

Hope everyone has a great day!

Yea…no offense to the graduating classes, but those ceremonies really should last longer than an hour 😂

Great shave Brian! The Tortuga is a tea scent also? Or you just finished with the SC balm that’s tea scented?

Yea…no offense to the graduating classes, but those ceremonies really should last longer than an hour 😂

Great shave Brian! The Tortuga is a tea scent also? Or you just finished with the SC balm that’s tea scented?
I got lucky with that ceremony - especially in that sun!

Tortuga is a sweet tea/mango scent - I have to say - I really love it - it is fantastically done! Jack liked it so much - that I got him a set as part of his original kit. The SC Refreshment is just straight up sweet tea - with a slight hit of menthol - really gives you that vibe of sitting on a porch swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back