The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

SOTD: 05/25/2022

1653504373709.gif

Razor: Dovo 5/8” INOX Olive Wood
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann 42 Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann 42 Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Barrister & Mann 42 EdP

Well, I have to thank @Spider for reminding us that there are good things today - I can’t believe I didn’t remember it was Towel Day - but how can you beat a Trilogy book series that has 5 books? Marvin I love you.

I have to say - I was really bummed the last 24 hours and the origins for that I cannot change, but this is shave combo always puts a smile on my face…….It’s got everything you would need - a perfect Early Gray Tea Note……a Lemon Sugar Note……a little bit of floral - just a fantastic combo.

I must have read the book series 4 or 5 times and I always pictured it raining when the Vogons blew up the Earth to make way for the Super Galactic ByPass…..I need a better towel.

On a positive note - my team and I were able to resolve an outstanding issue that apparently had been going on since April of last year. I didn’t suggest anything magical - but i guess a couple of directions I gave clicked in one of the admins heads and we were able to find the needle in the haystack to what was the root cause. Always a good day when my boss is happy - because when she’s happy, we don’t have meetings 😂

Have a fantastic rest of your day and I’m personally looking forward to a call I am scheduled to have with our 333 Gang Leader @Bill M tonight!

SOTD: 05/25/2022

View attachment 84101

Razor: Dovo 5/8” INOX Olive Wood
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Soap: Barrister & Mann 42 Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann 42 Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Barrister & Mann 42 EdP

Well, I have to thank @Spider for reminding us that there are good things today - I can’t believe I didn’t remember it was Towel Day - but how can you beat a Trilogy book series that has 5 books? Marvin I love you.

I have to say - I was really bummed the last 24 hours and the origins for that I cannot change, but this is shave combo always puts a smile on my face…….It’s got everything you would need - a perfect Early Gray Tea Note……a Lemon Sugar Note……a little bit of floral - just a fantastic combo.

I must have read the book series 4 or 5 times and I always pictured it raining when the Vogons blew up the Earth to make way for the Super Galactic ByPass…..I need a better towel.

On a positive note - my team and I were able to resolve an outstanding issue that apparently had been going on since April of last year. I didn’t suggest anything magical - but i guess a couple of directions I gave clicked in one of the admins heads and we were able to find the needle in the haystack to what was the root cause. Always a good day when my boss is happy - because when she’s happy, we don’t have meetings 😂

Have a fantastic rest of your day and I’m personally looking forward to a call I am scheduled to have with our 333 Gang Leader @Bill M tonight!
giphy.gif

SOTD: 05/26/2022

1653576944402.jpeg

Razor: Stando Polska Prowe 2 With Svarga Handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 5th use
Brush: TG Shave Co Honey & Cream
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Pinnacle Grooming Citrus Blast Puck
Aftershave: Marting Soaps Citrus Waters Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Refreshment Balm
Additional Care: Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne EdT

@MarkB threw down the gauntlet and I have responded with vigor! Actually I think he wins this round because his comes Glacial ready! I had to add my Terrorade drops to enhance so well done Mr. Mark.

Just got the frag yesterday and for something that I passed on after my first test - I love, love this one……. Getting samples of “original“ versions is not difficult - but it isn’t like going to Sephora or other department store - even a lot of the online vendors that specialize in decants they don’t often carry first runs. So originally this version was called Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport. The sample that I got had this distinct celery note to me especially in the dry down and when I looked it up - there were others that did note that as well. I have nothing against celery - but it was kinda off putting in that it didn’t seem to fit in with the cologne. This version does not have that so - good to go. Maybe the previous version - since it was about a decade old - I was smelling the resins? Oh well, I can say that this is a fantastic frag - not just for the citrus - but is very well blended and has some woodiness in it as well.

Have a great day everyone!

SOTD: 05/28/2022

1653743101119.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS (Folding, Walnut)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 2nd use
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Butterscotch
Soap: HAGS Facelift Puck
Aftershave: Maol Grooming Tangerine Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man The Healers Balm
Additional Care: Calvin Klein CK One Summer Daze EdT
Additional Care: Barrister & Mann Terrorade

A bright and ”sunshiny” if that’s a word shave today - perfect for after the Friday and Friday night storms we had. Suns out - going to be warm, but not overbearing. I love tangerine. The soap is wonderful - I was lucky to get a nice gift from Nurse Dave a while back with this artisan with two other “flavors” as he or is it Barber Dave that says that. I think it is Barber Dave and Nurse Dave just teases him - all is right with that side of the world 😂 Those two were vegan bases and were fantastic. This base has Guinness in it - so it has to be fantastic doesn’t it? And it also uses duck fat.

1653743473311.gif

Sorry got sidetracked - every time I hear or see duck I think of Steve Martin in LA Story.

My Phillies are showing some tenacity - last night fell back 7-0 and came back to lose 8-6, but still they didn’t give up and it was an exciting game. They haven’t had many fall their way because of their bullpen - for some reason they think when the Phillies batting scores runs that they are obligated to at least give 2 or 7 runs back to the other time. While that may be polite- doesn’t make for a winning team.😂

I have decided that as long as the San Francisco Giants have Gabe Kapler as their manager (he was also a former Phillies Manager) - I am a fan of theirs. There are few times we have men of integrity and I believe he is one.

Not sure what Aidan and I have planned. Jack wants either to do Sunday brunch these weekend at Dutch’s Daughter which is absolutely fantastic - or lunch with his Grandmother - he’s waiting to see what his work schedule will be - gets released today.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back