The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
here’s the website to the place we go to. It brings back some really good memories - reminds me of a place in South Williamsport, PA where my parent used to take my brother and me for a Sunday afternoon treat called Heavenly Dogs - they had hot dogs and frozen custard..

This place has a little bit of everything not just the soda - old time candies from when we were kids, hot dogs, and ice cream - it’s these little things that make life special I think

here’s the website to the place we go to. It brings back some really good memories - reminds me of a place in South Williamsport, PA where my parent used to take my brother and me for a Sunday afternoon treat called Heavenly Dogs - they had hot dogs and frozen custard..

This place has a little bit of everything not just the soda - old time candies from when we were kids, hot dogs, and ice cream - it’s these little things that make life special I think

My wheelhouse. I turn on these fastballs and drive a rope into the lights. ❤️❤️❤️

SOTD: 05/22/2022

1653221542436.gif

Razor: Feather Artist Club SR (Folding, Blue)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 5th use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Phantom Aerolite
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Black Ship Grooming Shiver Me Timbers Croap
Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Shiver Me Timbers Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Versace Man Eau Fraiche EdT

Well it’s supposed to be another scorcher today so I started out blasting the mentholated soaps as AS. The soap and AS have a nice minty vibe with a touch of eucalyptus. Feels great - wakes you up!

Versace Eau Fraîche is one of my favs - I’ve read (and seen) some suggestions to put it in the fridge - and it really gives off that summer cooling vibe - but then again - since the majority of frags are alcohol based - I would imagine any one would do the same 😂 Still on a day like today I am tempted…….

Did something that I don’t do often - bought a brand new released frag (Terre D’Hermés Eau Givrée - usually I wait until they hit the gray market - I guess this is my second that I’ve done this month (though the other one - CK One Summer Daze I wanted until the price tag dropped about $40 - if I had waited until the end of summer it would have dropped to $20). But this one appealed to me - the two other Terre D’Hermés are some of my favorite scents - but they are heavy in the vetiver (which I really like that note) and it gives me a headache. The Eau Fraîche one is lighter on the vetiver so I can wear more heavily, but it is now discontinued. So based on what I’ve read and watched - this latest one has the citrus base -with a cooling feeling from Juniper, but forgoes the earthy vetiver.

Aidan and I are going to do our walk earlier today along the river because of the heat - and we’ll hit the ice cream place later - though I do love walking along the river walk and stopping at the local shops along the river. Why doesn’t any restaurant to breakfast ice cream? That would be awesome!

Have a fantastic day!

Chill day ahead, nice! Hope it’s a good one!

I do like TDH’s citrus choices, looking forward to hearing your thoughts about this new iteration!

SOTD: 05/24/2022

1653403509676.gif

Razor: Rocnel SE-50
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 1st use
Brush: RazoRock Noir Plissoft
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: 345 Soap Company Rendezvous Puck
Aftershave: Darwin Shaving Classic Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Versace Pour Homme (Signature) EdT

She was a dame of a razor, with curves in all the right places and an edge with an attitude. The soap had a familiarity about it, almost soothing, but letting you know it was all business. The aftershave slapped you across the face with a citrus-y (schwing - ooops wrong genre)…..with a citrus-y punch followed by a splash of Angostura bitters. The cologne tied the shave together like a seasoned conductor pulling the harmonies from his symphony at will…..

Ok, that’s the best I can do as far as a Noir genre based shave - basically an homage to Versace Pour Homme which is one of my favorites (insert @GearNoir here: ”It’s an old man scent.” 😂). Sometimes my friend, the classics are all we need 😂

I really dig the Darwin Shaving Aftershave - if it can be said - it is a unique citrus forward AS, but with a depth and a medicinal or herbaceous hint that isn’t unpleasant - it definitely fits right in…….But for $50 it had better be good.

I hope everyone has a grand day - today at work will be resolving an issue that apparently has been going on for over a year - that was back-burner’d until some team got audited - yikes. That’ll wake you up in the morning.

Afternoon is music therapy with Aidan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back