The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 05/17/2022

1652816173549.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 3rd use
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Christmas’21 Badger
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Ariana & Evans Dirty Ginger Puck
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Ginger Ale Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Azzaro Ginger Lover EdT

Got me some ginger today - and how apropos - churchillfemme did a whole spiel about it in the fragrance section. Not much to say - clean and crisp shave - just like my favorite soda - ginger ale. I have to say Ginger’s Garden nailed the scent and the effervescence. Well done.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

SOTD: 05/18/2022

1652888120305.gif

Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 4th use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Green Ray
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Los Jabones De Joserra Mint Evolution Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Glacial Spearmint Aftershave
Additional Care: Azzaro Wild Mint EdT

Well it is a mint bomb for the shave today (apologies to @Graybeard57 - I know that isn’t your thing - but this is for reminding me that my Flyers haven’t won it all in 50 years - ahhh, 1974 & 1975 - those were the times)…..

Well the soap is not a sweet mint - it’s a wild mint but oh so refreshing… and afterwards I am ready to attack the day.

1652888345422.jpeg

And what can I say about Stirling - nothing says wake you up in the morning with a Stirling Glacial AS - My man!!!!

1652888382266.gif

Well - off to attack the day, I wish you all a majestically, minty day!

1652888459609.gif

I could have sworn I posted this in my journal - but maybe my shaves are a little too boozy 😂

SOTD: 05/19/2022

1653128279167.jpeg

Razor: REX Supply Co Konsul
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 1st use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Peregrino
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Van Yulay Mint Julep Puck
Aftershave: Ethos Grooming Essentials Lime, Tangerine, & Spearmint Aftershave
Additional Care: Imaginary Authors Saint Julep EdP

This was a great shave - I love the scent of mint julep. The soap is challenging for me - so I have to use a pre-shave. This brand and Prohibition Style have some fantastic scents but I do find their bases lacking. The AS is fantastic and really is a great bridge for the soap and the cologne - it isn’t boozy but it has the mint from the julep and the tangerine that is in the cologne. Imaginary Authors are a great frag house - and I love their presentation -this is my favorite of their offerings.

SOTD: 05/21/2022

1653128543073.jpeg

Razor: Supply Co Single Edge 2.0 With Nick Stop Base
Blade: Supply Co Single Edge Injector (Black), 3rd use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Rocket
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Alien Shave Solar Cola Puck
Aftershave: Alien Shave Solar Cola Aftershave
Additional Care: Rochas Moustache 1949 EdT

Supposed to be one of those days today - going to get up to 33 degrees Celsius (I’m only doing metric for now on) which isn’t hot as compared to Arizona or Nevada - but it is tethered with 87% humidity - the joys of living near a swamp. Ugh!

But today’s shave was fantastic - i have not used this brand before - but they have the scent spot on - smells like RC Cola. The base is simple but gets the job done - a very enjoyable shave. Went back and forth between Dior Homme Cologne and Rochas Moustache - needed something light because of the upcoming heat.

I think Aidan and I will break out the water balloons today!

Have fantastic day today - and keep cool!

Fantastic Saturday ahead! Enjoy!

I’ve yet to try the Mint Julep drink…sounds good though!
Thank you my friend! It’s a simple enough drink that even I could make it - whiskey (it calls for bourbon - but being a Northerner and Irish (though all my relatives deny it) - I couldn’t use that swill - so I use Irish Whiskey - back to the making sorry - (1) Muddle about 10 mint leaves, add some simple syrup, in a ton of crushed ice, add the whiskey. Garnish with a mint spring. Wala! I use my Moscow Mule copper cups for it.

Have a great day my friend!

SOTD: 05/21/2022

View attachment 83627

Razor: Supply Co Single Edge 2.0 With Nick Stop Base
Blade: Supply Co Single Edge Injector (Black), 3rd use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Rocket
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Alien Shave Solar Cola Puck
Aftershave: Alien Shave Solar Cola Aftershave
Additional Care: Rochas Moustache 1949 EdT

Supposed to be one of those days today - going to get up to 33 degrees Celsius (I’m only doing metric for now on) which isn’t hot as compared to Arizona or Nevada - but it is tethered with 87% humidity - the joys of living near a swamp. Ugh!

But today’s shave was fantastic - i have not used this brand before - but they have the scent spot on - smells like RC Cola. The base is simple but gets the job done - a very enjoyable shave. Went back and forth between Dior Homme Cologne and Rochas Moustache - needed something light because of the upcoming heat.

I think Aidan and I will break out the water balloons today!

Have fantastic day today - and keep cool!
Water balloon fight!!! Woo hoo!!!! 😀🎈💦

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back