The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
More teeth than a Jeff Foxworthy event...Oh...wait...
giphy.gif

SOTD: 05/14/2022

1652542072681.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS (Kamisori, Lime)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 2nd use
Brush: Boti Brush Rainbow Jade Resin Badger
Bowl: Stirling Soap Apothecary Mug
Soap: Stirling Soap Weekend in Malibu Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Weekend in Malibu Aftershave
Balm: Stirling Soap Weekend In Malibu Balm
Additional Care: Stirling Soap Weekend in Malibu EdT

I got a little bit of a late start - stayed up until past 2 AM (I’m old, what can I say) so that I could watch the Phils win in extra innings - thrilling victory - but we need a bullpen that doesn’t blow all these leads - whew!

So it is going to be a rainy day so I had to use my favorite Stirling scent - so I could invoke the internal sunshine! I absolutely love this scent- it definitely evokes that driving in the sunshine with the top down. I just wish it was called Weekend in La Jolla - my favorite locale in the US! But I’ll take it.

So I‘ve never been so happy to tell myself to go pound sand - and in this case - Aidan and I will be taking on the most generous gift from @NurseDave - breaking Geodes to find the treasures inside. Really looking forward to this.

Have a great day everyone!

I’ve had WIM in my cart on several occasions but never pulled the trigger. Can you describe the scent?

I’ve had WIM in my cart on several occasions but never pulled the trigger. Can you describe the scent?
It’s is hard to describe - but the best way I can explain - it’s like that scent of your skin after a day in the sun - it’s almost sun tan lotion-y without smelling like suntan lotion. I think since you like Island Man - this would appeal to you. While i can see this being described as Unisex - it leans masculine. it’s got citrus and sandalwood in it which to me is a winning combo. Right now the shave soap is on discount on the Stirling site - 10 bucks for a 6 oz jar - can’t beat that!

It’s is hard to describe - but the best way I can explain - it’s like that scent of your skin after a day in the sun - it’s almost sun tan lotion-y without smelling like suntan lotion. I think since you like Island Man - this would appeal to you. While i can see this being described as Unisex - it leans masculine. it’s got citrus and sandalwood in it which to me is a winning combo. Right now the shave soap is on discount on the Stirling site - 10 bucks for a 6 oz jar - can’t beat that!
@MarkB orders a full bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back