The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 05/13/2022

1652465062887.jpeg

Razor: Supply Co Single Edge Pro
Blade: Supply Co Single Edge Injector (Black), 2nd use
Brush: Chisel And Hound 3056RC IPA Manchurian Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Cella Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima Croap
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Chella Cool Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Pepe Jeans Cocktail EdT (Not Pictured)

Ok, not the prettiest of pictures.

1652465142495.gif

But - I wanted to break out the Cella which I haven’t shaved with in almost 3 years - this was one of my first shave soaps that I bought - bought it off eBay - some dude in Louisiana was selling 100g chucks off his kilo brick (if this were the 80’s that would have a different connotation).

1652465548820.jpeg

Since Cella AS doesn’t match the scent of the soap - I thought I’d use the Chella Cool - the soap is subtle almond, cherry, marzipan……this is in your face almond, cherry, marzipan plus a heft bite of menthol. To be honest - this would be a perfect match for the WTF Stranger Things shave soap which is crushed baked almonds getting stuffed in your mouth while you are water boarded with almond milk - yeah it’s that hefty on the almonds - this AS might actually tamper it down.

Since today is National Cocktail Day - thought I’d use a cocktail frag - and while I have other frags that are more heavy on the booze - this bottle says cocktail……

1652465489032.jpeg

Have a great start to your weekend!

Over 3 years on the Cella hm? How did you store it? How’s the scent?

I found mine began to lose scent after a few years.

Since Cella AS doesn’t match the scent of the soap - I thought I’d use the Chella Cool - the soap is subtle almond, cherry, marzipan……this is in your face almond, cherry, marzipan plus a heft bite of menthol. To be honest - this would be a perfect match for the WTF Stranger Things shave soap which is crushed baked almonds getting stuffed in your mouth while you are water boarded with almond milk - yeah it’s that hefty on the almonds - this AS might actually tamper it down.

:LOL:

Over 3 years on the Cella hm? How did you store it? How’s the scent?

I found mine began to lose scent after a few years.
The scent is a little lighter than I remember - I can still smell the marzipan and almond - the cherry is lot lighter now than I remember. I store it in a airtight pyrex container - and out of the light. But the AS makes up for it - I still smell it now hours after the shave 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back