The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 05/10/2022

1652280720835.gif

Razor: Tedalus Essence
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 5th use
Brush: Oumo Brush Pandora Universe
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Ginger’s Garden Long Island Iced Tea Stick
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Long Island Iced Tea Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Ginger’s Garden Long Island Iced Tea EdC

SOTD: 05/11/2022

1652280776206.gif

Razor: Rocnel SE-50
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 1st use
Brush: Teton Shaves Barbershop De Los Muertos Blanco
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Barbershop De Los Muertos 3 Puck
Aftershave: Murphy & McNeil Barbershop De Los Muertos 3 Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Guerlain Homme Intense EdP

Got sidetracked and didn’t post to the blog yesterday. Went with a good boozy scent that will knock your socks off - gotta love a cocktail that is basically booze with a splash of coke.

This morning took the Rocnel SE-50 out for another spin - really digging it - Thor’s Hammer’s got nuttin’ on this one. So my music today is dedicated to my razor:

The scent for the soap and AS is an homage to Guerlain Homme Intense - which, yes, you guessed it - is heavy on the boozy notes - nice mojito-like riff with a splash of lime and a finish with vetiver. I think Guerlain as a house - though not splashy - they are one of the best in the business.

It’s a wonderfully sunny day out both yesterday and today. My neighbor‘s lawn had grown fairly high (he’s a Philly fan through and through - so he’s good in my books - he can grow it to be a jungle). I guess he was feeling guilty and asked to borrow my mower - to which I said no problem. But after thinking about it - I have a reel mower - and he had a heart attack last year - not a great combo - so I decided to do it - well after 6 passes - it looked like a 3 year old whose 5 year old sister decided to cut her hair. The issue was the think crass was mixed in with these stalky-like strands - and the reel mower wasn’t having it. Luckily a 3rd neighbor saw me doing it and lent me her gas powered mower - 6 minutes later all done lol.

Have a great day my friends!

SOTD: 05/12/2022

1652360711914.jpeg

Razor: Rocnel Sailor
Blade: Willy’s Premium, 2nd use
Brush: TG Shave Co Honey & Cream
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Ethos Grooming Blood Orange Cream
Aftershave: Murphy & McNeil Banzai! Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Hermès Terre D’Hermès Eau Trés Fraîche EdT

Knock Knock!
Who’s There?
Orange
Orange Who?
Orange you glad I shaved today with these great Orange scents?

So just hanging out in the pre-op room with Aidan while we wait for his time - he’s getting a dental procedure @ 10:30 that requires general anesthesia.

He’s in good spirits and hopefully be done by 12:15 PM.

Shave was fantastic and put me in good spirits.

Have a great day today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back