The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Post your Shave Dens!

and as much synth menthol that I could acquire.
Do they limit how much of that stuff you can buy?
my razors (yes I have a thing for leather šŸ˜‚),
Looks like you must travel a lot..... as I have only ever heard of using these to protect your razors while traveling (not hiding them from view)..... How do you even know what razor is in each one?

I know things are a little beat up - I have seen some really nice set-ups where people have really taken the time to design and present - and IMO - whether small or large - whatever makes people happy - that is what is best for them.

But for me - it is cool because I remember my dad every time I grab some shaving gear - he had this dresser for as long as I remember. But - if I am honest, heā€™d probably razz me for what I use it for - he had one Gillette Fatboy or slim (that I canā€™t remember) - a can of foam, and aqua Velva, old spice, or English Leather - depending on the occasion (See he collected AS back in the 70s!)
Thankfully I converted my dad, @Ozark.flyflinger so he doesnā€™t really give me any trouble over my den lol

Hoping to have my den unpacked and all set up this week, but we will see!

Do they limit how much of that stuff you can buy?

Looks like you must travel a lot..... as I have only ever heard of using these to protect your razors while traveling (not hiding them from view)..... How do you even know what razor is in each one?
From a synth menthol perspective - I would buy 2-4 bottles at a time as sales came upā€¦ā€¦.

From a razor case perspective - I know it doesnā€™t make sense- just use them because I think they look nice, I have a few razors out for revamp or polishing - but I keep a PPT diagram of each razors location (the very top doesnā€™t quite match because of the way to fit on the slide).But in principal - first row is adjustable razors, 2nd role is 2 piece and 3 piece razors, and everything behind it is either straight, shavette, or ā€vintageā€ DE

1649861130332.png

From a synth menthol perspective - I would buy 2-4 bottles at a time as sales came upā€¦ā€¦.

From a razor case perspective - I know it doesnā€™t make sense- just use them because I think they look nice, I have a few razors out for revamp or polishing - but I keep a PPT diagram of each razors location (the very top doesnā€™t quite match because of the way to fit on the slide).But in principal - first row is adjustable razors, 2nd role is 2 piece and 3 piece razors, and everything behind it is either straight, shavette, or ā€vintageā€ DE

View attachment 80280
What time does the store open?
šŸ˜Ž

Did you hire a team - just for your straights šŸ˜‚
I'm thinking with my workshop in shambles and the need to build a new workbench, most of my straights, especially the project razors(75% of my collection) will need to stay in their boxes. I still have at least 5 boxes of shaving items and vintage decor/mugs/soaps awaiting an unpacking....

I'm thinking with my workshop in shambles and the need to build a new workbench, most of my straights, especially the project razors(75% of my collection) will need to stay in their boxes. I still have at least 5 boxes of shaving items and vintage decor/mugs/soaps awaiting an unpacking....
You should build a cedar storage system, with humidity control like youā€™d do for storing good cigars šŸ˜‚

Back