The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Post your Shave Dens!

Looks great @GearNoir. If I didn't know better I would say it was a display in a store...VERY nice.

Now that the band aid is off so to speak, and she has already given you "the look", I say you have clearance to go BIGGER. Besides, she wouldn't have told you to get that cool case had she not known you had a lot of stuff...and she expects you to FILL that case now that you have it.
It's only logical!
I actually half-jokingly made a similar comment - that she was now OK with it all, rewarding me in my hobby, and wanting to display it for all to see!

That earned a “NO! Definitely NOT!” And an eye roll on top of “The Look” 😂

Thanks!

View attachment 78509
Thread resurrection!

The missus made me pick up a new (Facebook Marketplace new) cabinet for my hardware/software yesterday to replace the 2-drawer filing cabinet and chessboard table top I had been using. Unfortunately this resulting in her now being able to see all of my shave/frag stuff and I got “The Look” 😂

View attachment 78508
Absolutely love it my friend!

I actually half-jokingly made a similar comment - that she was now OK with it all, rewarding me in my hobby, and wanting to display it for all to see!

That earned a “NO! Definitely NOT!” And an eye roll on top of “The Look” 😂

Thanks!
You should hop on the next Zoom call with her and we can talk to her and lobby on your behalf. We would be glad to do it. What could go wrong? 😉

That’s a Nice cabinet Chris @GearNoir !!
But it looks like there is a lot of EMPTY spaces that need filling....
Just keep chanting the mantra GMS ( Get More Stuff ) !!!!

Oh yeah that's just secret wife code for "this is so totally rad I can't even admit it's awesomeness. so impress me more by getting more and cooler things". It has always worked out for me...you should try it ;)(y)
after more than 25 yrs of marriage, I can concur. And eye rolls...they are like a mating call. You are supposed to respond by doing more of what caused the eye roll.

Ok....I'll play along.

Here's my main razor holder. A repurposed pipe holder. As you can see...RustBoy holds a place of prominence up front.

IMG_20220322_222757375.jpg

Next up we have the Gillette/Gem drawer. I'm still not a fan of the SE's but I'm willing to give them a second try.

IMG_20220322_222815332.jpg

Oh...what's this? Was worried I'd run out of these but now that you all have me trying newer soaps...this may last me for a while. Still plan on adding to this hoard when ever I can.

IMG_20220322_222851169.jpg

A repurposed pipe holder.
I do not believe that is a pipe rack. Pipe racks are designed differently. I have that same rack, only the top knob on mine is different. It came in a box of art supplies.

*EDIT*
Found it, it's actually a scissor caddy.

Last edited:
Back