The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Post your Shave Dens!

whoa...... can we blame @BarberDave and his enablement or is this all just @Scuttlesoap's doing on his own?
I believe that @BarberDave shoulder’s a great deal of blame, along with @Bill M and @Luecke3262 and @NurseDave for making me feel guilty when I don’t have matching gear or use the wrong cologne. I’m more than happy to put the onus on everyone at the TSC. I feel like that scene in The Black Donnelleys where Jimmy and his business partner were handing out bookie business cards at a Gamblers’ Anonymous meeting.

1671725793099.gif

my shave den fits into one small moving box
4919586.jpg

@fhalden I see you only have one SE in your razors. Don't really care for SE or do you have others else where?

@fhalden I see you only have one SE in your razors. Don't really care for SE or do you have others else where?
Well, I really love the Vector. I had a Hawk V.3, but I didn't like the way it felt. I sort of set a hobby boundary and decided that, since pretty much everyone I know with broader AC experience lauds the Vector as the apex razor for that blade, I decided my budget wouldn't support seeing for myself in this instance and just stuck with the Vector.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

@fhalden Nice back stock on MWF!
That was the result of a fairly panicked response to finding out they'd changed the formula. One of my overarching goals was to assemble enough of what I absolutely love to not run out or be caught with a discontinuation. I had 5 picks of MWF, but freaked out and got more than I need. At some point down the road, someone I know who likes it too is going to run out. They'll get a puck from me so they won't have to go on ebay and pay $70 for one.

What about some of the vintage GEM, Schick, or Ever-Ready? They are dirt cheap and shave great!
I have a Gem Clog Pruf Micromatic, but never really got comfortable with the Gem operating angle. I also found the PTFE blades to feel harsh to me. Its a rabbit hole I sort of decided not to go down. I've never found anything lacking from a DE, so I've got an AC exemplar and a Gem exemplar, but that's it for my experience with single blades. I'm not dead yet though, so I'm not foreclosing myself permanently from anything in the future

I'm not foreclosing myself permanently from anything in the future
I understand the harshness of an SE blade, some razors are better than others with it. It does take some experimentation with different styles to figure it out…. Luckily they are all pretty cheap.

But I suggest you try out a schick injector. It’s a whole new ballgame in the SE experience!

What about some of the vintage GEM, Schick, or Ever-Ready? They are dirt cheap and shave great!
The one antique shop near here has had 2 gem razors for at least 4 years that I know of. They want $95 each..... Can't figure out why they haven't sold them yet.....

Back