The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Post your Shave Dens!

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
So, I've recently cleaned and reorganized my Shave Den (bathroom). Hence my recent influx of brush pictures.
So let's see your Dens! Doesn't matter if it's a 10 year old den with lots of stuff, like mine, or if it's a newbie or minimalist den with just a few items..... let's see where you shave and what you keep nearby.

Den5.jpg

You can see my green/black tripod set up for when I do VLOGs.
Den8.jpg

Brushes and balms
Den7.jpg

Colognes
Den6.jpg

Aftershaves, over the toilet shelves.
Den1.jpg

I actually found a few different "era" photos of my wet shaving journey:

Early-2013:
Very first wet shaving items, a starter kit from Maggard along with a Walmart salsa bowl and AV Ice Blue, the only splash I ever used. No den to speak of.
image.jpg

Mid-2015:
No photo of brushes or razors, but if memory serves:
Brushes: Omega 11575 & 3 Plisson, one of which I had transplanted the knot into an old EverReady handle
Razors: Maggard MR3, Fatboy, Schick Krona
Soaps and Creams: Some fun throwbacks in this photo including a some shuttered artisans like QCS, SS, and SCS
Den was a 3 bin shelf from Ikea (you can see the soaps on the left in one of the bins) kept in the linen closet
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420048939.138035.jpg

Mid-2020

Wife has allowed me 3 of the 6 shelves in our master bath storage cabinet where the brushes, razors, and splashes live. Daily driver soaps live in a container under my sink and the "unobtanium" live on a shelf in the linen closet.
Brushes & Razors:
IMG_20200727_131005.jpg

Splashes:
Photo of the daily driver splashes, apparently don't have a picture of all my other "rarer" ones, mostly from Japan and vintage Old Spice
IMG_20200727_130951.jpg

Soaps and Creams:
Daily Drivers & Vintage Williams / Colgate
IMG_20200727_134305.jpg

"Unobtanium" box that gets broken out for special occasions:
IMG_20200727_134813.jpg

Last edited:
Ha! These are 6 months old so I'll need to post an updated one when we get back from Florida, but you'll be happy to know that I dropped a puck of CBL Master Barber Back Alley into a new-to-me OS mug, both of which aren't pictured here as they were recent gifts courtesy of @MarkB from the Rudolph exchange! :love:
giphy.gif

I actually found a few different "era" photos of my wet shaving journey:

Early-2013:
Very first wet shaving items, a starter kit from Maggard along with a Walmart salsa bowl and AV Ice Blue, the only splash I ever used. No den to speak of.
View attachment 45672

Mid-2015:
No photo of brushes or razors, but if memory serves:
Brushes: Omega 11575 & 3 Plisson, one of which I had transplanted the knot into an old EverReady handle
Razors: Maggard MR3, Fatboy, Schick Krona
Soaps and Creams: Some fun throwbacks in this photo including a some shuttered artisans like QCS, SS, and SCS
Den was a 3 bin shelf from Ikea (you can see the soaps on the left in one of the bins) kept in the linen closet
View attachment 45673

Mid-2020

Wife has allowed me 3 of the 6 shelves in our master bath storage cabinet where the brushes, razors, and splashes live. Daily driver soaps live in a container under my sink and the "unobtanium" live on a shelf in the linen closet.
Brushes & Razors:
View attachment 45675

Splashes:
Photo of the daily driver splashes, apparently don't have a picture of all my other "rarer" ones, mostly from Japan and vintage Old Spice
View attachment 45677

Soaps and Creams:
Daily Drivers & Vintage Williams / Colgate
View attachment 45678

"Unobtanium" box that gets broken out for special occasions:
View attachment 45682
Nice Tight Buns. 😳 Have you had a chance to compare it to Irish Countryside?

Nice Tight Buns. 😳 Have you had a chance to compare it to Irish Countryside?

Thanks! I actually have not, although I'd assume it should be extremely comparable. The scent on it wasn't particularly strong even new, and now is naturally that much fainter after 7 years. I don't keep it in the squirrel stash because it's a particularly unique take on Green Irish or even that it was rare to get even back then, but rather that it's a relic of those 2013/2014 YouTube shaver days when I was just getting into the hobby.

It's been years since I've purchased a RR soap - can't remember what the old soap base was from that era (tallow or vegan) but when I'll be interested to compare when I get back against the Irish Countryside.

Thanks! I actually have not, although I'd assume it should be extremely comparable. The scent on it wasn't particularly strong even new, and now is naturally that much fainter after 7 years. I don't keep it in the squirrel stash because it's a particularly unique take on Green Irish or even that it was rare to get even back then, but rather that it's a relic of those 2013/2014 YouTube shaver days when I was just getting into the hobby.

It's been years since I've purchased a RR soap - can't remember what the old soap base was from that era (tallow or vegan) but when I'll be interested to compare when I get back against the Irish Countryside.
I was involved in an Arizona passaround with @BarberDave a few years back and got the chance to try it. I loved the scent, but I agree it wasn't quite strong enough. I plan to pick up Irish Countryside later this year.

I repurposed my father’s dresser that he had before I was even born. when I first started I thought I’d have plenty of space for shaving and anything else with room to spare lol.

View attachment 45852
Because I’m slightly weird, I keep a running Keynote (Apple’s version of PowerPoint) presentation of my inventory

Attachments

• My Shave Den & Journey.pdf
    218.9 MB · Views: 22
Back