The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Occam Enoch passaround

Now that I gots it. I’m ready to ship and misplaced my address book. (It’s been one of those weeks) but on a positive note, the furnace guys are finishing up installing my new furnace! They’re bringing all the warms!

Now that I gots it. I’m ready to ship and misplaced my address book. (It’s been one of those weeks) but on a positive note, the furnace guys are finishing up installing my new furnace! They’re bringing all the warms!
Now you're cookin' with gas! Or heating oil. Or propane.

The Razors arrived this afternoon just before i headed off to work. box is in good shape so i'm assuming the contents are as well. I will get it opened up tomorrow when i get up and try to decide which will be used first.

20200403_041726.jpg

20200404_041658.jpg

My Friday and Saturday shaves. ToF just called my name this morning and I I still enjoying the scent more than 12 hrs later. This could easily be a signature scent for me. absolutely LOVE it!

As for the General, all three shaves were very good and if the price was right I might even consider one because I like the aesthetics of it but it's not really a must have. Tomorrow I will swap the blade to one of the occam razors and give that a few shaves.

occam razor pass around:

1. Dave in KY (Completed)
2. Spider - (Completed)
3. Nurse Dave - (Completed)
4. . dangerousdon - ( Completed)
5. Majorrich - ( Completed)
6. Uacowboy - ( In possession)
7. dkeester
8. ED3054
9. bobmsp

20200407_141147.jpg

This was Tuesdays shave. Didn't shave Monday so I could see hot the oren handled a 2 day growth. It handled it just fine and i had a great shave.

The hipster is pretty great. The citus/floral notes are what really stand out to me in the soap. The aftershave came out really strong with the alcohol at first(same way sharp dressed man seems to) but as it dried down i got more of the scent. Its not as sweet smelling as the soap and maybe has a bit more of the g e darker notes coming through but I couldn't pick anything out in particular.

20200408_152536.jpg

And today's shave. This master barber formula from @CBLSoap.com is pretty fantastic. The scent from this one is a nice, fresh, green scent. I like it a lot.

So final thoughts on the oren. I really like this razor. If I decide that I want an AC style SE, this is top of the list so far. Super smooth shaver. Can't wait to get to the Enoch next!

Last Thursdays shave.
20200409_152716.jpg

Got an ok shave with the Enoch for its first use. Couldn't seem to find the proper angle with it. Everything else was fantastic though.

Monday
20200413_041237.jpg

Round 2 with the Enoch was much better. Has a few days of growth to remove and it did a great job. I compared the head to my injector and realized that the angle is actually a bit more acute with the handle and that I'd need to hold the handle much closer to my face for proper blade contact.

Also got good lather with the brush off the hard soap, just still has a lot of backbone for face lathering.

Today
20200414_043527.jpg

Today's shave was pretty similar to yesterday. It takes a good amount of attention to keep the angle right with this one. Seems very unnatural to hold the handle so close to the face. I'd have to say I'm not a fan of this one.

Overall thoughts on the passaround are that i think i could see myself getting an Oren eventually. the other 2 not so much. Thanks to @The Monkey for letting us try these out and i will give all of them a final cleanup and get them to @dkeester in the next few days.

I liked the Enoch as the blade was held in a lot less sketchier!
yeah the way the Oren "holds" the blade is kinda unnerving for sure but the angles to get a good shave from the Enoch just don't jive with me. I could do it but it's not the kind of thing i want to do each time i use it

Shaved with the General today. So far it has been the best part of my day.

The shave was quite a bit different than what I am used to with my v1 General. The heavier handle definitely made for a different shave. I love the performance of this razor.

The Oren and the Enoch both look interesting, and it will be interesting to see how they shave, but unless they are off the charts good in their performance I can't say that they appeal to me.
Tomorrow will probably be the Oren with the one dot head.

Back