The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Occam Enoch passaround

Also you might want to work in a Nice Big T-bone [emoji3052] Steak & Wash it Down with a Cold beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. Good additions. We're just talking a well balanced diet really. Oh ya, and some chocolate cake after that steak.

Dude, Don you're sick again?? Can I point out it's always the dudes that are way too into micronutrients and antioxidants that seem to keep getting sick? I recommend you get back on a pasta diet and slowly work your way into Oreos and french fries.
Exactly what I tell all my Vegan friends....... I do hope you get this all behind you Don 👍

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...you guys are too funny. Louisiana and Texas and a couple other states in the south are the hardest hit by the flu and other viruses this year. Not sure why, but it's crazy. And yeah...I'm ready to be done with it all.

Hmmmm.... I just got a razor in the mail from Don yesterday. Should I be concerned? 🤔

I believe I sent it out to you at least 48 hours before I showed any symptoms, so I think you are good. 🤪

Razor: Occam Enoch
Blade: Feather Pro (New Blade and Second Shave)
Soap/Cream: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations - Tashmere
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Lavender Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accouterments - Fresh Vetiver

Yesterday's and this morning's shaves were exactly the same. Well, except that yesterday's shave I had to mow down about five days worth of beard. It's my turn with the Occam Enoch that John @The Monkey has graciously provided for us. Yesterday's shave went well enough. The razor did what it was supposed to do. But it is hard to make any judgement, good or bad, based off of extreme conditions like a week old beard. Still, my face was pretty smooth with a spot or two I think I missed. I didn't get a good clean shave on the neck, but like I said...extreme conditions.

This morning's shave I had high hopes. I started off well with my WtG pass. But I was having a hard time with my XtG pass as I was either not getting the right angle or some other factor. AtG was a bit better, but a little uncomfortable. The shave as a whole turned out much better than I expected...I just wish it was a little bit smoother. I'll try to fine tune this guy tomorrow and give a more detailed review.

Razor: Occam Enoch
Blade: Feather Pro (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations - Tashmere
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic
The Ultimate Aftershave: Aqua Velva - Ice Sport

1582383585702.png

Third Shave with the Occam Enoch. I really want to like this razor. I love the way it looks. I love the way it feels in my hands. I love the texture of the handle. I love the heft of the razor. I love the color of the metal. I love the way it is constructed. And for the price...this should be a great razor. Here is where I am having an issue with it.

My WtG and AtG passes seem to be just fine. Nice and smooth and the razor glides just like I expect it. But my XtG passes don't seem to be as smooth and the end result is that I am not getting the results that I want on this pass. I have adjusted to try to get the right angles and am just having a hard time getting them.

The other issue that I have is that when I am all finished with the shave...it is a decent shave...but I just don't feel that these are the same results as other razors. I am smooth for most the day...but I feel the stubble comes back much earlier in the day than other shaves.

This all could be my fault (and I am certain that it is), but after three shaves...it just isn't getting there yet. I'll move on to the General for my next shave and then on to the OREN. If I have time I will try to come back to the Enoch and see if I can figure this out.

Razor: Aluminum General
Blade: Feather Pro (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Shave Soap - Grassroots Lavender
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accouterments - Lavender Pour Homme

After three shaves with the Occam Enoch, I decided to compare it with the Aluminum General. I have used the Brass General before, but this is my first go with the aluminum variety. I have to say that this guy shaves a lot better than I was expecting. A little on the lighter side of things, but all in all...'tis was a great shave.First impressions are that that I am able to get a smoother shave with the General than with the Enoch. Not sure why really...just the way it is I guess. Three passes in the usual manner and I am DFS + with an added emphasis on the plus side of things.

Razor: Occam OREN
Blade: Feather Pro (5th Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Shave Soap - Iron Throne
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accouterments - Fresh Vetiver

I opted for only one shave with the Aluminum General so I could move on to the OREN. I guess I didn't realize that I needed a screwdriver to do some unscrewing to change out base plates. This is an automatic negative for me. I really don't need to make my shave routine anymore complicated than what it already is. So I opted to leave in the base plate that it came to me with. Plate number two it is then. Okay, so...I really did not want to like this razor. And I am still not a huge fan of the design. The construction of the razor seems to be very high quality, or as much as my amateur eye can spy. But the design seems a bit gimmicky...out of the ordinary just for the sake of being out of the ordinary. I mean...is there really a functional purpose to how it is designed? And with some of the shave angles the razor did prove to be a bit unwieldy. All that being said...with three passes out of the way...I had one of my smoother shaves in a very long time. Not perfect...I don't get those very often...but a very good and smooth shave. I liked it enough that I will have another tomorrow.

Last edited:
Looks like I am nearing the end of my time with these razors. Here is the list that I think is correct. Unless there are any objections...I will likely get this package in the mail to @Majorrich by Friday or Saturday...

1. Dave in KY (Completed)
2. Spider - (Completed)
3. Nurse Dave - (Completed)
4. . dangerousdon - In Possession
5. Majorrich
6. Uacowboy
7. dkeester
8. ED3054
9. bobmsp

Back