The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Occam Enoch passaround

Alright so I'm going to be honest.... I signed up for this after/during a Zoom call because the guys were talking about it. I know nothing about these Occam razors. The one I see is an Aluminum General. Which is cool as I love my Gen1.

So these Occam is there a simple tutorial somewhere? I really am in the dark here.

Just shave with it, Use mine today for the 1st time, jury still out on it vs Vector The head is actually larger than the Asylum, and the two plate is super mild with the Pro Guard less agressive that Vector, Going to switch to plate 3 dot

Tried the Aluminum General today. Didn't notice a difference between it and my V1 Black General. Aside from not really caring for the handle. Tomorrow i will try one of the Occam ones. Maybe even a video. We shall see.

Alright so today was the Enoch. And I am going to use it for a couple of days. Even though the picture shows a Feather Pro, I acutally used a ProGuard. When I went to load the razor apparently I was out of blades. So a quick stop at Amazon more will arrive tomorrow. But that's besides the point. So the razor was loaded with a ProGuard.

The shave today i'll be honest was a little awkward. Has anyone else complained about the feel of this razor in the hand? I felt like I couldn't get it balanced or that the handle was too skinny for the head if that makes sense. Something just felt off, and not in a good way. Anyways after the first pass I was really impressed on the cheeks pretty much BBS and no need for another pass. But I went for it because I wanted the neck closer. On my ATG pass I had a really hard time getting the angle right near my jawbone, there were times I could tell I was just sliding metal on my face and not making contact with the blade. So I re-lathered and paid extra attention to ensure the angle was achieved. I only ended up DFS on my neck.

I will continue to use this razor for another couple of days. It is really nice looking but the jury is still out.

IMG_20200603_065236294.jpg

Alright so today was the Enoch. And I am going to use it for a couple of days. Even though the picture shows a Feather Pro, I acutally used a ProGuard. When I went to load the razor apparently I was out of blades. So a quick stop at Amazon more will arrive tomorrow. But that's besides the point. So the razor was loaded with a ProGuard.

The shave today i'll be honest was a little awkward. Has anyone else complained about the feel of this razor in the hand? I felt like I couldn't get it balanced or that the handle was too skinny for the head if that makes sense. Something just felt off, and not in a good way. Anyways after the first pass I was really impressed on the cheeks pretty much BBS and no need for another pass. But I went for it because I wanted the neck closer. On my ATG pass I had a really hard time getting the angle right near my jawbone, there were times I could tell I was just sliding metal on my face and not making contact with the blade. So I re-lathered and paid extra attention to ensure the angle was achieved. I only ended up DFS on my neck.

I will continue to use this razor for another couple of days. It is really nice looking but the jury is still out.

View attachment 25901
Try holding the handle really close to your face. the blade angle is similar to an injector but a bit more extreme.

Just shave with it, Use mine today for the 1st time, jury still out on it vs Vector The head is actually larger than the Asylum, and the two plate is super mild with the Pro Guard less agressive that Vector, Going to switch to plate 3 dot
Yours is different than the one in the pass. The OREN(the one in the pass) i believe had the head size reduced some but i'm not sure how it compares to the Asylum. @NurseDave should know.

Used the Enoch again today. After a discussion with @uacowboy on the zoom call I took his advice and PAID extra attention to the angle of attack on my face. I think the design of the head is actually pretty nice, and I am getting a decent shave. But I really hate the handle! LIKE LOATHE IT! Seriously this handle is just uncomfortable to me. And I'll be honest I used to always make fun of people in my head who complained about handle feel. It never made sense to me... well I apologize I finally found a handle that is just uncomfortable in my hand. I will Not be using it again that's for sure!

Tomorrow i'll grab my toolbox, reading glasses, and old Ikea instructions to shave with the other razor.

Okay so I've had 3 shaves on the Occam razor.... The one that looks like a Dyson fan. Here's the thing all 3 where really good shaves. But again the handle is just an eyesore and uncomfortable. It's sad really. I also find the whole screw thing being a drawback.

All in all I'm glad I tried these razors they are machined nicely and they do look cool. They just aren't going to work for me. I'll follow the company to see what else they role out as my research led me to see that it seems to be a family operation and he seems like a good dad, so I wish that company all the best.

Best of my my knowledge is that I was last on the list. So it seems these are ready to back to @The Monkey unless someone else wants to jump in and give them a go.

Thanks John for putting this together!

Back