The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Occam Enoch passaround

The Occam's Razor O.R.E.N. ... ... ... Yeah...

It gives an excellent shave, but I really don't like it.

Needing a screwdriver to change the heads is really annoying. Also, those tiny screws suck. Screws are too easy to strip and screws that small are to easy to lose. I wouldn't want to have to hunt around to try and find the right size ones. Also, blade loading can be an error prone process. I didn't have a problem getting the blade past the retention bumps. (I watched a video about it on Classic Shaving before doing anything with the razor.) On one attempt to load the blade I did manage to push the blade too far so that it came half-way out the front side of the razor. I don't like the little insertion/removal tool. While you don't specifically need it to load or unload a blade, I can see those with bigger hands being required to use it to remove blades in order to be able to get a good grip on the blade.

The General shaves as good, or better (even without being "adjustable") and is easier to deal with.

I am glad that I gave this razor a try, but the design is horrible. The design choice are the opposite of an improvement. The design choices make it much more difficult to use then it needs to be. The only thing it succeeds at is having the least amount of metal possible while still being safe to shave with on a daily basis (assuming you have the blade seated properly). If you decide to buy one of these, make sure to also purchase a bag of those tiny screws to protect your investment, since you can (and probably will) lose several of them and it only ships with two replacement screws.

Needless to say, but I won't be buying one of these. It is a solid contender for the title of "worst safety razor design ever."

I will put the 2-dot head back on it and move on to the Enoch.

The Occam's Razor O.R.E.N. ... ... ... Yeah...

It gives an excellent shave, but I really don't like it.

Needing a screwdriver to change the heads is really annoying. Also, those tiny screws suck. Screws are too easy to strip and screws that small are to easy to lose. I wouldn't want to have to hunt around to try and find the right size ones. Also, blade loading can be an error prone process. I didn't have a problem getting the blade past the retention bumps. (I watched a video about it on Classic Shaving before doing anything with the razor.) On one attempt to load the blade I did manage to push the blade too far so that it came half-way out the front side of the razor. I don't like the little insertion/removal tool. While you don't specifically need it to load or unload a blade, I can see those with bigger hands being required to use it to remove blades in order to be able to get a good grip on the blade.

The General shaves as good, or better (even without being "adjustable") and is easier to deal with.

I am glad that I gave this razor a try, but the design is horrible. The design choice are the opposite of an improvement. The design choices make it much more difficult to use then it needs to be. The only thing it succeeds at is having the least amount of metal possible while still being safe to shave with on a daily basis (assuming you have the blade seated properly). If you decide to buy one of these, make sure to also purchase a bag of those tiny screws to protect your investment, since you can (and probably will) lose several of them and it only ships with two replacement screws.

Needless to say, but I won't be buying one of these. It is a solid contender for the title of "worst safety razor design ever."

I will put the 2-dot head back on it and move on to the Enoch.
I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree

The Enoch rocked my fact today, in a very good way.

The shave was wonderful. I found the angle easy to maintain most of the time, but there were places where having the handle that close to my face made maneuvering the razor a bit difficult. I also don't like how thin the handle it. I like a bit more width. I will say that this is a BBS machine that left my face feeling like 3 billion dollars. While this is a razor that I would use if I owned it, it is not one that I see myself spending money on. My Colonial Razors General gives me great shaves that are close to the Enoch anyway.

Thanks @The Monkey for offering this passaround. It was a great chance to try some different things. I will be getting these cleaned up and in the mail in a few days.

I choose the Enoch First.
Got a Really nice BBS 3 Pass Shave.
Angle was easy to Find. Got one little Nick. ( Operator Error )
a2b27203f924ca374e2caf847018137a.jpg

I really like this Razor. If I were to purchase a Single Edged Razor it just could be the One.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

occam razor pass around:

1. Dave in KY (Completed)
2. Spider - (Completed)
3. Nurse Dave - (Completed)
4. . dangerousdon - ( Completed)
5. Majorrich - ( Completed)
6. Uacowboy - ( Completed)
7. dkeester - (Completed)
8. ED3054 - In Possession
9. bobmsp
10. @BarberDave