The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Shaving World

Thanks for the comments on the shelves guys. I was skeptical about these instead of just straight floating shelves, but I do like the end result. And again, just luck my wife let me spread my stuff out even more. But I’m better I’m at about the limit now.

You have the coolest sink I’ve seen in a long time! The Feather can be a cruel mistress in that it will punish you for lapses in technique. A true floppy bladed shavette will reallly make you pay for errors. Once you can get a great shave with either, your long-blade technique will be much improved. I have a sponge I keep at sink side that I wipe my blade on to see my hair removal progress. It’s pretty impressive what the SS accomplishes on its first pass. Great shave Dave!

You have the coolest sink I’ve seen in a long time! The Feather can be a cruel mistress in that it will punish you for lapses in technique. A true floppy bladed shavette will reallly make you pay for errors. Once you can get a great shave with either, your long-blade technique will be much improved. I have a sponge I keep at sink side that I wipe my blade on to see my hair removal progress. It’s pretty impressive what the SS accomplishes on its first pass. Great shave Dave!
Thanks! I begged my wife for that sink during the remodel. I love it.

I’m hoping the shorter and deliberate strokes will pay off when I switch to a real straight.

"The girls say they like KJ, but they don't like seeing the spiders....."

I get that A LOT!

Great SOTD Dave! Getting more confident with the SS already, despite the nick.

Good job!

I always use a calculator, even after 10am. I might now the math but when a mistake can cost thousands of dollars I use the calculator. Its good you know you mental limits when tired and take preventative measures to never approach those limits.

Nice stuff Dave. Sorry about the cut. Hope the sickness from your daughter doesn't hit you full force.

This has me thinking now and you being in medical profession when should we get the flu shot? Doctor's offices here are saying they got them in stock now, but I always seem to wait until mid october. Should we do them as early as possible?

I always use a calculator, even after 10am. I might now the math but when a mistake can cost thousands of dollars I use the calculator. Its good you know you mental limits when tired and take preventative measures to never approach those limits.
Heh, that was even with a calculator. Just making sure my equations were correct. We almost called off our wedding plans because of a math error by our planner, but that's another story.

Back