The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Shaving World

Thanks for the video Dave. Very nice and cool throwback vid using stuff you started with.

Great job Dave! A lot of fun little Dave-quips in there I got s good laugh out of.

One thing I note is that you like a really thin lather! I thought that was interesting given the many that enjoy thick and/or slick. I’m glad you’ve done the experimentation and figured it what works for you!

Great job Dave! A lot of fun little Dave-quips in there I got s good laugh out of.

One thing I note is that you like a really thin lather! I thought that was interesting given the many that enjoy thick and/or slick. I’m glad you’ve done the experimentation and figured it what works for you!
Good pick up, but that is a little thinner than I usually use. As with missing a pass, I was totally distracted by taking and worried about things taking too long and rushed the lather building. Though, when I started using the RX, I found my normally creamy lather was a bit too thick for it and started building my lather to where I thought it should be, then adding another dose of water.

Good pick up, but that is a little thinner than I usually use. As with missing a pass, I was totally distracted by taking and worried about things taking too long and rushed the lather building. Though, when I started using the RX, I found my normally creamy lather was a bit too thick for it and started building my lather to where I thought it should be, then adding another dose of water.

Ah, I see. And yet it was a good shave still! Kudos!

Great Video Dave. You seemed more at ease with talking on camera towards the end of the video. A sign of more good things to come!

Great Video Dave. You seemed more at ease with talking on camera towards the end of the video. A sign of more good things to come!
Thanks KJ. You and Chad are natural story tellers. We'll have to see if I can get to the point where I'm thinking about the shave more than the talking.

Nice video Dave. I missed getting a 70th Set on in another neighborhood only because I was reserving funds for my Paladin but wish I had gotten it after seeing your video. Nice description of final pass and enjoying the experience. Good to have more members doing videos to enjoy and learn from. Best wishes with the painting.

Great shave Dave! Way more relaxed and natural.

Hope this muggy heat is treating you well, it half way to hell over here!

Great shave Dave! Way more relaxed and natural.

Hope this muggy heat is treating you well, it half way to hell over here!
We get the SF fog so it’s actually been pretty cool here. I love it, my wife hates the grey.

Another great video Dave. Keep it up!
Thanks KJ. My wife was asking if recording my shaves was going to be a regular thing. I told her I wasn’t sure because I don’t really have a niche. I’m not really doing reviews and I’m not a great story teller, so I’m not sure what future videos would feature.

Back