The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Shaving World

I have never heard of WK Tempest. What does it smell like?
Nothing almost. Maybe ozone? I picked it so I knew I wouldn’t have any scent to clash with whatever Florida Water ended up being.

Now I see what the 2nd shave soap of the day posts etc were. You crack me up, I don't even remember saying that about a wine shave but no doubt I did. Anyway at the 7 minute mark and like the tip of letting the wine age a couple more years. I may buy an extra box and put it in the closet to see how it helps (y) Back to the video.......

Last edited:
Actually I believe you snuck a double shave in near the end of the year and tied me and I thought, That little stinker did that on purpose 😂😂😂 Fun video buddy and I think after a glass or so of wine it sounds more like "Thayers Lemon" (y)

Good to see some happiness peek through today! Bye bye Dave’s Den of Awesomeness! May you been resurrected soon!

Blade rant = I agree
Hot Pepper rant = I disagree because tolerance can be built up over time
Don't need 300 Wizamet = I disagree because you just need LOTS of anything
ToF EdT sample= I didn't get one :(
Do I enjoy watching = Yeah Buddy (southern expression for the affirmative

Dave, Dave, Dave..... of Course I watch your videos... Love Ya Man! I may get a few behind at times, but I always catch up. Same goes for everyone's videos on the Cadre.

I agree with @Dave in KY about the peppers..... you can totally build up a tolerance. Yes, some people's tolerances are obviously higher than others, but My tolerance now, is much higher than when I started doing the heat challenges. I've done the Death Nut challenge twice, a year apart, and the second time it was much easier.

You can't run out of the 2-in-1 man..... of course, you know where your back up is, right? @Dave in KY is keeping it for you..... I saw it in his video!

And yeah, I get it about the difference is beard hair coarseness and the whole YMMV thing. However, if you say you can only get 5 shaves, and I can get 60.... then does that mean your hair is 12 times coarser than mine? I just don't know if I believe there is that much difference. Sure, tons of variables there, and I'm making generalizations. It's just what I think about though.

My goal though, is to just get folks to explore, learn, and really think about their shaves and shaving habits. Tossing a blade after 2-3 shaves, just because that's what you've always done, and blades are cheap anyway, just doesn't compute in my mind. You had a great shave #3, and you are now pitching a perfectly good blade.... how do you know it wont be good on shave 4? If, you have evaluated your shave and you determine that you can get 5 shaves and that's it, then so be it. But maybe once a year (like maybe in February......) we take a step back and re-evaluate ourselves, we may learn that our technique has changed or improved, and maybe we can get a couple more shaves out of a blade than we used to. We are constantly learning in this hobby of ours. And just when you think you know it all, or can learn nothign new, somehtign comes along and changes your perspective. I like pushing peoples boundaries, and hopefully as a result it makes them better shavers or enjoy their shaves a little more.

All good comments KJ, and it was interesting to push the Wizamet past 3 shaves to see how it did. I did it for you buddy!

Honestly, I think I have a 2:1 back-up? But with 1/2 my stuff packed now, I honestly can't remember and I shudder to think I'll run out and have to wait for another shipment from Germany.

Back