The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Shaving World

I could definitely supply you with straight and usable flakes. What I'd do would be to glue the flakes to a blade and then secure that in the shaver of choice. Hmmmm, that would be a shave video for sure and it would be quite the talk of the shaving community as you'd probably be the first to try something like that.
Actually I think I saw where someone tried it a few years ago but I'm not sure if there's a video or not

Edit: quick YouTube search found 3 videos of people Shaving with obsidian flakes. Still curious to try it though

My thoughts mirror yours exactly. I'm sure I could get it eventually but for the sub par shaves in the beginning and irritation I get, I'm just not motivated when I can get amazing shaves with de and se razors. Nice video Dave !!

As far as wanting to get practice for actual SRs, the Weck is probably your best bet. If you just want hassle free open blade shaves, keep with the Feather and just use the Weck when the fancy strikes. The Feather probably makes thing a little too easy 😂

Honestly that was a good job. I know it didn’t feel like it, but it was.

I know what BBS is. What is DFS? We need a glossary of wet shaving terms on the site for new wet shavers. Residual slickness - blade exposure - gap - angle - WTG - ATG - etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what BBS is. What is DFS? We need a glossary of wet shaving terms on the site for new wet shavers. Residual slickness - blade exposure - gap - angle - WTG - ATG - etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back