The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Shaving World

I'll send you the soap samples back with your razor. I will do a shave with the razor on Sunday and get it in the mail with the samples on Monday.

So...... I had thought off and on about playing someone else's video in the background while recording a shave. Never did it and @Dave in KY beat me to doing it. So I figured I should get another idea I had. Adding commentary to someone's shave video! And what a video it is. 3, three, THREE cadre members in one!

I see what you did there. "Finger Licking technique" and Dave is in KY. "Honorable mention - in other words my top 6." LOL

This reminds me of Mystery Science 3000.
If I had your video editing skills I would have made it look like that. I was just super pleased with myself that I learned how to download a YouTube video and then add voice over. Was bummed though at how quiet it ended up being. In my earphones I sounded a lot louder on playback so I turned down each clip.

If I had your video editing skills I would have made it look like that. I was just super pleased with myself that I learned how to download a YouTube video and then add voice over. Was bummed though at how quiet it ended up being. In my earphones I sounded a lot louder on playback so I turned down each clip.

I thought it was funny! Do another one and pump up the volume!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally this!

I’m sure Chad wouldn’t mind you encroaching upon his Bad Blade territory in this instance!

Actually, I think a flake mounted securely would work really well as a SR. When you magnify the razor edge of a flint or obsidian flake with an electron microscope you'll see a solid crystalline structure. Magnify a surgical scalpel and you will see a very pitted edge because the steel must be "forged" hot at some point to make it. Technically speaking, flint/ obsidian is sharper than steel on the molecular level.

059a9e488dc8a0809a3b02360ed48883.png

Actually, I think a flake mounted securely would work really well as a SR. When you magnify the razor edge of a flint or obsidian flake with an electron microscope you'll see a solid crystalline structure. Magnify a surgical scalpel and you will see a very pitted edge because the steel must be "forged" hot at some point to make it. Technically speaking, flint/ obsidian is sharper than steel on the molecular level.

View attachment 14753
I guess the trick is how steep is that angle of the obsidian edge. Needs to be sharp as well as smooth.

I guess the trick is how steep is that angle of the obsidian edge. Needs to be sharp as well as smooth.

Correct. I'd use a flake and not even attempt a shave with a flintknapped blade. At best you have a razor sharp serrated edge..........great for cutting, but not shaving. One of these days I'll have to make what I think would work and send it to a brave soul to film. I don't do videos, but I'd be happy to watch someone else fillet.......er......ah........shave their face with a flint flake :LOL:

Correct. I'd use a flake and not even attempt a shave with a flintknapped blade. At best you have a razor sharp serrated edge..........great for cutting, but not shaving. One of these days I'll have to make what I think would work and send it to a brave soul to film. I don't do videos, but I'd be happy to watch someone else fillet.......er......ah........shave their face with a flint flake :LOL:
I think the main issue with a flake would be how brittle the edge is. Could it keep that nice clean and sharp edge for the whole shave?

It may sound crazy(because it really kinda is) but I'd be game to try it if you were able to get them to me intact.

I think the main issue with a flake would be how brittle the edge is. Could it keep that nice clean and sharp edge for the whole shave?

It may sound crazy(because it really kinda is) but I'd be game to try it if you were able to get them to me intact.

I could definitely supply you with straight and usable flakes. What I'd do would be to glue the flakes to a blade and then secure that in the shaver of choice. Hmmmm, that would be a shave video for sure and it would be quite the talk of the shaving community as you'd probably be the first to try something like that.

Back