The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Shaving World

Nice shave Dave! Thanks for the shout out. Yes, last pass > warm rinse > lather soak > clean up gear > cold rinse > continue post shave routine > sniff skin all day...

Enjoy the time off buddy!

Nice sloppy shave Dave 😂😋👍 Enjoy your chill day Dave. and I have no option but to use my phone for those things since I don't have a desk with computer when I'm at work.

Last edited:
Is it just me or has Dave’s shelving slowily, silently been filling with more goodies than he’s letting on?

Nice video Dave. Last I rode one was as a kid. My mom was a single parent with 4 boys and we went from PA to Fla to visit friends. 16+ hours and she decided to exchange for a plane ticket to get home (guess we drove her nuts on the long ride down) 2+ hour plane travel home and all I remember was why do 16+ if it can be done in under 3. Couldn't believe how fast we were home as a kid comparing the trips. Wife and do want to do soon a near us train ride to enjoy the sights and nature. 3+ hour excursion available near us.

Yes, I can imagine kids not quietly reading for 16hrs! Frequently they have ads on TV for a train that goes through the Rockies. My wife is interested in doing that one some time as well. Imagine you get some pretty spectacular scenery there.

I took the Southwest Chief from Chicago to Raton, New Mexico with a crew of boys headed for Philmont Scout Ranch.. It was an unforgettable trip. I too cant sleep in a seat (and we were in coach) I found a storage cubby where I dozed like a bear in a cave. Kristi and I have often thought of taking a loop from Chicago to the Seattle, down the coast and back north. We would need a sleeper to do that.

Mmm good combo today Dave! You’ll get to the 3 passes with the open blade eventually. Just needs some time and stick-to-itiveness!

Back