The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Shaving World

Thanks for bringing us along with you on the trip. Hopefully departure morning wasn't any more chaotic than normal.

Great shave Dave. 1 key in a box of 10 razors I think. Here's what their response was when I inquired, so I assume it's still coming. Have a good time in Meh-heco

Dear friend,
We have shipped the item without any delay after your payment.
Generally delivery takes about 15-30 business days. Now it is still on the normal posting.
So shall we just patiently wait another days for it to arrive?
Anything I can do for you, please feel free to contact me.
Regards,
glroia

I'm assuming Gloria from China can't spell her name................

Alright all caught up. But want to respond to the cruising.

YES BEST WAY TO VACATION.

We always go Princess because we have more points etc with them. I love the all inclusive and as to getting sick has never happened for us. But we do always go ask the pharmacist before going for the behind the counter over the counter dramamine. Can't remember what it is called but it doesn't make us drowsy and it works better. Many people call it the cruise drug LOL.

People that are nervous about a cruise should book a 3 day cruise and just try it. They are cheap and great. Also stay away from carnival in my opinion. We did it as a friend get away one time with a group of people. And it was no where as good as Princess. I have never done a Disney cruise. But we have discussed doing one with the kids when they are older as we feel that would be a great first cruise for them.

What...what’s the point of resort credits if it’s all inclusive?
Well, put “all inclusive” in quotes like a cruise. You can come here and eat and do some activities without spending another dime. You can use the spa facilities, but if you want a massage it takes credits. Or excursions like swimming with the dolphins etc.

Awww Dave's negative rants. He needs another nap. You don't like my labels? Fine. NO SOUP for YOU!!! And I seldom get a tip so. PSA - ALWAYS tip your window cleaner.

Aww man! Times up already? Glad it was a good time! Safe travels home!

The tipping thing is a big back and forth. Suffice to say, it’s a lot of personal preference, like anything else. I’m glad to not be in that industry any more, but it did provide a level of understanding. I certainly appreciate good service when I get it!

AH the the tip discussion...i could go on and on. I have no problem NOT tipping those who are "traditionally" tipped if they do nothing to warrant a tip. I have no problem tipping generously those who pay attention or make my experience worth the extra tip. @Dave in KY brings up something I have long believed to be important. Treat ANYONE in the service industries with extra respect when it is warranted and you will be richly rewarded for it. IT doesn't have to be a monetary tip, it can be a coffee and donut in the morning for the crew showing up to cut down the tree that has been bothering you for years or a soda for the garbageman on a hot day (or dare I say it, a cold water for the stupid solar salesman I just yelled at for opening my gate and darkening my doorstep to try to sell me a solar system AGAIN). ....of course, you should slip the window guy an extra dead president or two for his/her work. It is amazing how a simple coffee and donut for the tree guys makes their day.

One problem I have with the whole tipping thing is the proportional amounts. You will never catch me working in a restaurant, the work is too hard regardless of the pay. In most restaurants the tip is supposed to be split with the waiter/waitress, the bus staff and kitchen. The breakdown is very unfair, with the waiter/waitress getting the bulk of it yet the kitchen and bus staff doing SOOO much work to make it possible for the wait staff to do theirs. "back in the day" the wait staff used to "manage" their bus staff and work with the kitchen, even making the salads and garnishing dishes. NOW the wait staff barely take orders and refill drinks, the kitchen delivers the food in many cases. So who am I tipping? And if they add an 18% service fee it feels like a stick in the eye when I get no "service". THey should just increase the prices 18%, at least then I wouldn't feel like I paid for service I didn't get. Dining out, going to a bar etc when the people working there are VERY good at their job can be an amazing experience. When my wife and I (and sometimes the kids too) go someplace where the staff are amazing, like I remember from the old days (when dinosaurs roamed the earth) I will tip very generously.

I guess it boils down to this...I find it hard to justify tips for doing the bare minimum. You don't have to WOW me, just GIVE ME A STRAW. Maybe just hold it out and grunt, I'll nod and grab it from your hand...I promis you won't go to straw dealer's jail. No straw...no tip, it's that easy. AND if its a paper straw I'm leaving without paying.

Awww Dave's negative rants. He needs another nap. You don't like my labels? Fine. NO SOUP for YOU!!! And I seldom get a tip so. PSA - ALWAYS tip your window cleaner.
Lol! I know it! In fact after I posted the last video I was thinking I should have just talked about positive things from the trip. Maybe I should put a “grumpy” warning on certain videos.

I have a hard time tipping my window guy. He grumbles about the heat, won’t work in the rain, and there’s that one time he showed up in swim trunks....

Back