The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2163 days of consecutive shaving - 968 open-blade
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Tcheon Fung Sing Assoluto 72 Primavere
Stirling synth
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Tcheon Fung Sing Assoluto 72 Primavere
Creed Viking

So Tuesday I was just out. Dunno why. I felt exhausted like I was sick, but no actual sickness other than that. Overslept a little yesterday so it was a quick face lather and out. Back on track today.

One big change at work. We have one underground level in our parking garage which was valet and staff. They decided we have a lack of parking for the members so no more staff down there. Staff parking now starts on the 4th floor. Sweet mother of...it's adding at least 5min to my commute home to inch down 4 floors behind Grandpa Chester. Not only creeping along just in case his hip goes out but also stopping to wait for everyone who is thinking about backing up to leave too. But, I did have a Cobb salad yesterday and a left-over one today.

IMG_8100.jpeg

One big change at work. We have one underground level in our parking garage which was valet and staff. They decided we have a lack of parking for the members so no more staff down there. Staff parking now starts on the 4th floor. Sweet mother of...it's adding at least 5min to my commute home to inch down 4 floors behind Grandpa Chester. Not only creeping along just in case his hip goes out but also stopping to wait for everyone who is thinking about backing up to leave too. But, I did have a Cobb salad yesterday and a left-over one today.
Drunk Siri....define Bougie for me.......

Friday:

2164 days of consecutive shaving - 969 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Los Jabnones de Joserra
Paladin Honey Oscar Noir
Thayers Lemon

IMG_8109.jpeg

Saturday:

2165 days of consecutive shaving - 969 open-blade
Future w/ Wizamet (1)
Mason Boutique
Maggard synth
Thayers Lemon

Video posted

IMG_8130.jpeg

Sunday:

2166 days of consecutive shaving - 970 open-blade
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Left overs
Maggard synth
Thayers Lemon

2167 days of consecutive shaving - 971 open-blade
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Grooming Dept Elan
Big blue
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling

Fairly productive weekend. My daughter is moving in with her mom in San Jose this summer so instead of battling to get homework done the battle was about cleaning and packing her room. She finally let me help her Saturday and we got a ton done. Saturday I also made Koobideh, or Persian ground beef kebabs. It's still a learning process. This time the consistency of the meat mixture was spot on, the flavor was good, and they were juicy. I just have to learn to make them thinner on the skewers. Mine were a little chonky and I lost half the kebabs to the coals as they had too much weight to hold together as they cooked. I also ordered another set of skewers so I have enough of them with using less meat per each one. We're almost done with the most recent season of The Bear. I dunno about this one. I told my wife if the first season was like this, I'm not sure I would have watched any more.

IMG_8155.jpeg

“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.” ~Horace Mann

Once you get your kebabs right, it’ll be Mission Accomplished. 👍

Tues:

2168 days of consecutive shaving - 972 open-blade
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (7)
PdP 63
Paladin Brush of Shame
Thayers Lemon
Nameless by Mark Buxton

IMG_8162.jpeg

2169 days of consecutive shaving - 973 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Darwin
Stirling Synth
Thayers Lemon
Darwin AS

Whew, what a day. My boss' boss is back after being gone for several weeks and as they say, stuff rolls downhill. I got today's requests done and a good start on Friday's. My brain hurts when I gotta kick in the turbos. I really earned some sniper time tomorrow.

IMG_8173.jpeg

Thursday

2170 days of consecutive shaving - 974 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (3)
CBL The Shaving Cadre
Barber Pole (I mean American Flag)
Thayers Lemon

IMG_8189.jpeg

2171 days of consecutive shaving - 975 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (4)
MacDuff Crowsnest Pass
Blue Honeycomb
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon's Opus 1870

That was tricky of them to throw half a weekend right into the middle of the week like that. I handled it like a champ though. Leftover sausages, onions, and peppers mixed into the eggs in the morning. Cold brew coffee through the day. Spend a couple of hours pursuing a few bounties while also completing some missions. Then sat out on the deck and watched the shows going on. Some were sanctioned and most were not. Have a lot of stuff coming up. Dad is flying down next weekend to watch the SailGP Grand Final in the city. Then the next weekend we're off for the Souther Caribbean so we're starting to make final reservations and plans for that. Then a wee after we get back from that we're hosting a celebration at a restaurant for my in-laws' 50th anniversary. I need to make the wine purchases for that this weekend.

IMG_8206.jpeg

Can you please explain this? Shouldn’t it be Nameless by Anonymous, or Nameless by Unknown? 🤔🤔
Prominent perfumer Mark Buxton is famous for his top-notch perfume compositions by the houses of: Givenchy, Paco Rabanne, Versace, Salvador Dali, Chopard, Cartier, Ferre, as well as for his long-term cooperation with niche house of Comme des Garcons. His motto is: ''Simplicity is the ultimate degree of luxury.''

Besides his author work in perfumery, Mark Buxton's interests intertwine by connecting exploration of top quality and beauty. English painting, antique and gastronomy certainly make a part of mosaic of personality and world view of the famous perfumer. New, personal collection he has recently presented, was named Metamorphoses of Colours and Moods by Mark Buxton.

Colours are closely connected with mood. Mark Buxton demonstrated secrets clearly and simply by connecting colours and person's character and mood in his collection of seven fragrances, with the offered colour palette. Choose your colour and you will be offered a range of notes and aromas.

Collection Metamorphoses of Colours and Moods encompasses seven perfumes with the following names:

Wood & Absinth, Black Angel, Hot Leather, English Breakfast, Around Midnight, Sounds & Vision, Nameless.

Nameless is a fragrance of serenity. Like having rest on a terrace by lake Come. A view of little boats which float peacefully, coming in and out of a port, inspired the creator on this union of wood and water. Top notes open the composition with fresh accords of mandarin and orange blossom, with spicy tacts of cardamom and aromatic lavender. A heart blooms with cinnamon, coffee, cloves and jasmine, while base notes introduce amber, labdanum, Guaiac wood, patchouli, cedar and benzoin.

Back