The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2144 days of consecutive shaving - 958 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Stirling Hipster
Big Green
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Stirling Hipster AS
Penhaligon's Raquets

Well, I could have predicted and @GearNoir called it. Got a call from my daughter around midnight that she just wanted to be home. Neither her or her boyfriend can stay in a good mood when tired. Luckily she got enough sleep on the way back that she wasn't a terror when I picked her up. Think she did have a good time until then though and she was happy to talk about it when she got home. Other than that, I have an appearance scheduled on a Zoom call tomorrow. The group must be excited as usual!

IMG_7828.jpeg

2144 days of consecutive shaving - 958 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Stirling Hipster
Big Green
Thayers Lemon
Stirling Hipster AS
Penhaligon's Raquets

Well, I could have predicted and @GearNoir called it. Got a call from my daughter around midnight that she just wanted to be home. Neither her or her boyfriend can stay in a good mood when tired. Luckily she got enough sleep on the way back that she wasn't a terror when I picked her up. Think she did have a good time until then though and she was happy to talk about it when she got home. Other than that, I have an appearance scheduled on a Zoom call tomorrow. The group must be excited as usual!

View attachment 132302
That's a beautiful brush!

2146 days of consecutive shaving - 960 open-blade
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Saponificio Varesino 2.0
Thayers Lemon
Saponificio Varesino Cubebe AS
Creed Viking

Busy day at work today and going to be a busy week. I very rarely throw people under the bus with senior leadership, but today I was so frustrated by someone not taking action on something I copied everyone up to the cherubs in the sky. At some point you just gotta take responsibility, ya know? At least there was a lovely Zoom call last night with cigars and scotch. Who can ask for more?

IMG_7854.jpeg

2147 days of consecutive shaving - 960 open-blade
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (4)
CBL Drinks & Daves
Maggard synth
Thayers Lemon
CBL Drinks & Daves AS
Floris Islay

Whew, finally getting around to logging this lovely shave. Again, a busy day. I had a 6 hour training on top of everything, but my amazing staff put my Cobb salad from the meeting I missed in the fridge for me. :)

Should be an amusing show on Drinks & Daves tonight for everyone that has a sophisticated sense of humor and an hour to spare.

IMG_7865.jpeg

2149 days of consecutive shaving - 961 open-blade
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Grooming Dept Diamond Dust
Blue Honeycomb
Thayers Lemon
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

The bleeding has finally stopped. Several days ago I zapped myself on the Adam's apple and every day after seem to have opened it back up. Today it finally appears healed up for good. Been a long week and I'm sitting here not believing it's not Friday yet. We did have a windfall of Cobb salads this week. The total was three Cobb salad lunches and 2 extras yesterday that I took home for the wife and I to have for dinner. No lunch meeting tomorrow so I'm on my own!

IMG_7883.jpeg

Friday:

2150 days of consecutive shaving - 962 open-blade
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (4)
The Soloist
Maggard synth
Thayers Lemon
Replica Jazz Club

IMG_7890.jpeg

Sat:

2151 days of consecutive shaving - 962 open-blade
Asylum "The Doctor" RX SS w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Penhaligon's English Fern
SV 2.0
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon's English Fern talc
Penhaligon's English Fern EdP

IMG_7908.jpeg

Sunday:

2152 days of consecutive shaving - 963 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Scheermonnik Soek
Wolf Whiskers