The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Sat:

2172 days of consecutive shaving - 976 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (5)
The Gentleman Oud Wood
Graydog Education History
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1

IMG_8214.jpeg

Tues:

2175 days of consecutive shaving - 978 open-blade
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (3)
CBL Hombres Spaghetti Western
Maggard synth
Thayers Lemon
CBL Hombres Spaghetti Western
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

IMG_8252.jpeg

2176 days of consecutive shaving - 978 open-blade
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch
RasoRock synth
Thayers Lemon
Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch AS
Creed Viking

Howdy folks. Busy week at work this week but whatevs. My wife won tickets to the Giants game last night, so I hopped on the train and headed into the city. Got a tour of her company's new building, which is right across the street from the ballpark basically. Then we walked over to the game, shared some fairly tasteless nachos in a baseball helmet, and watched with sad reminiscence of a time when we actually recognized the names of the players and their uniforms weren't a neon orange. But still it was a fun time since we haven't been to a game in a while.

IMG_8262.jpeg

2177 days of consecutive shaving - 978 open-blade
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Speik stick
Maggard synth
Thayers Lemon
Hermetico Source 1

So here's how it went. One staff member who is higher maintenance than the other and isn't appreciative of that fact starts texting around 8pm yesterday with something that she does need to discuss with me before she comes into work, but not the night before. Texting continues until 9pm with me telling her I'll get into the office at 6:30 to look up what I could only guess from memory. Cut to my wife waking me up 30min past when I'm normally out of bed. Overslept. Hardly ever do. Needed the sleep. Well I'm out of bed in seconds and showering with my eyes shut just making sure I don't fall over in my stupor. Do a quick shave that didn't require lather making. Jet off to work to get there by said 6:30. The road our hospital is on is under construction so I need to take a different route than normal into the garage. Take a corner just an inch too short at speed clipping a concrete divider and initiating the sound of air escaping from the tire. Park much lower in the garage than I should and confirm a hole in the sidewall. Get into the office and confirm what I had told said employee the day before, then get AAA out with a flatbed to tow the car to the tire shop. Just after confirmation of the $365 charge, also find out more details about the staff's situation and confirm that was wasn't a situation in the first place and none of this was needed.

No flippin' picture!

Stefan is on it!!!

One full body massage and a hit taken out on the high maintenance annoyance. Plus we'll give the tire guy a bad cold for charging you so much.

A better day and weekend are on order for you, my friend.

Sunday:

2180 days of consecutive shaving - 981 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Hendrix Classics & Co Empire State of Mind
Graydog Education History
Thayers Lemon
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

IMG_8513.jpeg

IMG_8769.jpeg

IMG_8744.jpeg

Jeez......Stefan obviously didn't get a chance to iron those shorts before you rushed out of the house. Now....he can't be seen anywhere near the yacht club. Thanks. You've scuttled his reputation.

2181 days of consecutive shaving - 982 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (4)
MacDuff Soap Co Kananaskis Explorer
Maggard synth
Thayers Lemon
Le Labo The Noir 29

As you see it was a pretty good weekend. The races were more exciting to watch than I was expecting. The top three point leaders for the season were in the last race for the season championship. The race right before the final there was a crash that tore the rudder off the boat that would have been in the #3 place. This let Spain slip into the third spot for the season-final race even though they had been doing terribly all weekend. Well Spain stepped it up out of the blue and won the championship after a nailbiting error on the last turn that left them pretty much dead in the water. It was a sail drag race to the end. Good stuff!

IMG_8812.jpeg

Back