The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2153 days of consecutive shaving - 963 open-blade
Gillette Techmatic / razor section #7 (4)
Eleven Apollo
Paladin Pi
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Racquets

What a lovely weekend. Nice weather, plenty of deck time, and my wife made my coffee and breakfast on Sunday. We went over to her parents' house yesterday for Persian kabob which is almost always delicious. I scored a bottle of the rerelease of Tom Ford Oud Minerale. In the store, it smelled like the same formulation to me, but I'll compare it side by side.

The last time I used this razor, I used too much pressure because it's an odd duck with no blade feel. This time I remembered back to the first time I used it and it feeling like I wasn't doing anything. I used light pressure and once again it felt just like I was running the plastic casing on my face. But nope, BBS in the end. Strangest thing really.

IMG_7930.jpeg

2154 days of consecutive shaving - 963 open-blade
Blackland Vector w/ Schick Proline (1)
CBL Drinks & Daves
AP Silk Smoke
Thayers Lemon
CBL Drinks & Daves AS
Floris Islay

Finally remember to grab for the Schick when reloading the Vector this time. Much better than the Proguard in this one and only circumstance. Forgot to say, but I've been jealous of Gear's adventures of saving the world and killing bad guys, so I dusted off the ole PS5 which I think I haven't used other than a few weeks after we got it. This Sunday I finished my sniper training so I'll be perfecting my assassination skills from time to time now.

IMG_7948.jpeg

Pong FTW!
YES! Super Exciting

giphy.gif

2155 days of consecutive shaving - 964 open-blade
Kamisori shavette w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Lothur Dave
Big Green
Thayers Lemon
Bleu de Chanel

Exciting times around here. Today was our Pride/Juneteenth celebration and dance. My boss is also our Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity Officer so trickle-down means my department got to help set up, clean up, and pay for all the free ice cream given away from an ice cream truck. I did get a Pride fan and some Juneteenth Mardi Gras beads out of the whole thing. In even more exciting news, I've always wanted to do a Panama Canal cruise. They are long and never when school is out so we knew we had to wait for the kids to be out of school to do one. Then, Disney stopped having them. They expanded some routes and didn't go through the canal anymore. Well, they just released some of their cruises for early 2026 and there is one! Boom! So off goes the note to our travel agent and we should be signed up the first day we can book. 14 nights of cruising bliss to look forward to!

IMG_7971.jpeg

That's also on my bucket list. I might have to borrow your idea.
There should be space for both of us. I get a room right below the spa so I can use the nice big showers and shave with a lot of space :)

Thurs:

2156 days of consecutive shaving - 964 open-blade
Blackland Vector w/ Schick Proline (2)
Storybook Soapworks Elysium
Graydog Education History
Thayers Lemon
Storybook Soapworks Elysium AS

IMG_7984.jpeg

2157 days of consecutive shaving - 964 open-blade
Blackland Vector w/ Schick Proline (3)
WSP Black Amber Vanille
Sorrentino TSC Legacy
Thayers Lemon
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

So I get a Facetime call from a totally distraught kid yesterday that I can barely understand. I make out something about filling a sink and now there is water all over the floor and a drawer full of water. Get her calmed down just enough to actually listen to me. She's been trying to get the drawer out to dump the water but can't. Takes a little more time to get her to focus to get a glass and bail out the water into the tub. I rush home and by the time I get there, the majority of the mess is cleaned up. I'm not entirely sure what happened. After we had everything emptied out under the sink, I had her fill it again until it was spilling into the overflow and everything was dry under the sink. So who knows how exactly this happened because the sink itself didn't overflow. I was rewarded for my quick response by having a late afternoon cigar.

IMG_8003.jpeg

the sink itself didn't overflow.
Stefan would like to apologize.......he was washing his.....bits ....in the sink and lost track of time and where he was. In his embarassment....he forgot to clean up afterwards. He did have to run out and acquire a cobb salad and a leather batman mask........Bougie's requests take precedence over personal hygiene.

Sat:

2158 days of consecutive shaving - 965 open-blade
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
Pinnacle New York
Big Green
Thayers Lemon

IMG_8048.jpeg

Sunday:

2159 days of consecutive shaving - 966 open-blade
Shavette w/ Wizamet (2)
SV Colonia
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Thayers Lemon

Video posted

Monday:

2160 days of consecutive shaving - 967 open-blade
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
?
?
Thayers Lemon

2161 days of consecutive shaving - 968 open-blade
Shavette w/ Wizamet (2)
The Club The Novelist
Stirling synth
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Pretty good weekend. Errands and time out in the sun. We did family movie night with Good Will Hunting. Everyone enjoyed it and we introduced the youngest to Matt and Ben. Sunday my wife's aunt from Southern California was up so it was cause for the family to gather and have a feast of things on skewers. It's not bad, but for my money just making a heaping plate of the ground beef one would be fine. I'm also not a big fan of the way corn is done. They roast it very done right on the coals and then soak it in salt water. B Dave is demanding that kebab is made for him, so I've acquired a meat grinder attachment and will have to work on my recipe.

IMG_8068.jpeg

Monday:

2160 days of consecutive shaving - 967 open-blade
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
?
?
Thayers Lemon
Little known fact:

Bougie can sometime blackout during a shave and not get a single nick. A skill he learned during nursing school.

Wednesday:

2162 days of consecutive shaving - 968 open-blade
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (3)
Speick stick
Stirling synth
Thayers Lemon

Back