The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

When I work up the willingness to have another disappointment, I’ll try my Sextoblade again....
1f60e.png

2018 shave #296 (DE:99 SE:88 Str:107 Cart:3)
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (8)
Stirling Tuxedo
B&M Cheshire
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2 in 1
B&M Cheshire AS

Not the super shave of yesterday, but pretty darn good. No alum sting, but this was this blade's last shave. I normally bin the proguards after 6 shaves, but yesterday's shave was so good I figured I'd see how long this would go. Well, that was it. It gave its all yesterday.

I have an invention for someone. When I use aftershave as my scent for the day, as expected it doesn't last through the day. How about a little wipe in a bag designed for you to drop some AS into and then seal up. Then later in the day you rip it open and rub on yourself to refresh. There are travel spritzers
out there, but those wouldn't work for changing scent daily.

I have an invention for someone. When I use aftershave as my scent for the day, as expected it doesn't last through the day. How about a little wipe in a bag designed for you to drop some AS into and then seal up. Then later in the day you rip it open and rub on yourself to refresh. There are travel spritzers out there, but those wouldn't work for changing scent daily.
You mean like the Avon wipes?

Go to walmart and buy round cotton pads, then seal them up in a small ziplock bag.

Well yes, I just thought something meant for that purpose would be cool. But not Walmart, one of the few places we boycott ?

But you have to make them look cool...not just like a wet wispy blob in a baggie.
For a new product yes. For my use next week, I can go the baggie route. But yes, that's what I was thinking. Something that when you actually close it, has a waterproof seal that you then would have to rip the package open to break. Makes it leak safe in your luggage and doesn't allow for reuse to force purchasing in quantity ?

They do make small ziplock bags for pills.

Just to get you by while you work on your global wipe domination.

Wow, I don’t know how it can’t be a winner now! Light saber dolphin scent wipes!

I got a ton of these awhile back. I thought they were bigger than what they were so they don't get as much use as I would like...but I think they might work as a refresh of aftershave! They come with a pipette but you can buy a big package of pipettes really cheap also. Just a thought!

https://www.amazon.com/Elfenstal-Atomizer-Refillable-Perfume-Portable/dp/B01M03LZ64?keywords=atomizers&qid=1540642833&sr=8-6&ref=sr_1_6
Those would totally work, but that seems like something you would need to label to use more than once for the same scent. I might pick some up for travel use of EdPs though.

2018 shave #297 (DE:99 SE:89 Str:107 Cart:3)
Techmatic
Stirling Tuxedo
TOBS Jermyn Street
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2 in 1
TOBS Jermyn Street EdC

Been meaning to take the Techmatic for another spin ever since KJ did his long term test drive with it. Started as a super mild shave that felt like there was no blade in there at all. The third pass on the neck did have some irritation and I had totally forgotten it was an adjustable cartridge. Ended up with a nice BBS but some alum sting on the neck.

Back