The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

More scent disappointment, darn it! Maybe it would be a good base soap for a superlather with something stronger?
Sounds like an idea. Once I'm done with these, I'll actually reach out to Chris and ask maybe about adding a drop of scent oil or something to the lather.

Update, the owner responded and said it sounded like I got old samples. I did order them from Maggard's so I don't know how long they might have been there. Anyway, he's sending a couple of fresh samples so I'm hopeful again.

Update, the owner responded and said it sounded like I got old samples. I did order them from Maggard's so I don't know how long they might have been there. Anyway, he's sending a couple of fresh samples so I'm hopeful again.

Eyy there’s some CS for ya! Nice!

Old samples? Oh boy now I am curious to see what the new ones do!

2018 shave #302 (DE:103 SE:89 Str:108 Cart:3)
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
TSC Legacy
Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2 in 1
Saponificio Varesino Opuntia AS

Jeez guys, the ole rememberer seems like it's giving up the ghost. I was waffling between the SS and the 6S this morning. I decided I should go with the SS because I need to keep up the straight skills. I looked up the uses on the blade, put in a new one and started to prep the rest of my stuff. Mere moments later I totally forgot about that, grabbed the 6S and put a new blade in because I've been excited for its return and wanted to play around with it more. Come shaving time I reach down to find two razors sitting there ready to go. Eye rolled myself on that one.

This soap is awesome. You know that scene in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory where they enter the room where everything is made of candy? That's what it's like having all these great soaps to use.
I want this one! No, this one! Don't forget that one! I have only used this once or twice since getting it because I've been waiting until I bit the bullet to buy the AS because the scent was go good. Well I finally got it and I'm basking in the glory of yet another wonderful scent. I'm not allowed to say I used too much of an As, so let's just say I think I used about $5 worth but it's glorious.

I think if you prepped 2 razors for your shave then you should use both..... one in each had...... at the same time! Ambidextrous Shaving!

You trying to introduce a new category for SOTD? The single most expensive shave?

I think if you prepped 2 razors for your shave then you should use both..... one in each had...... at the same time! Ambidextrous Shaving!
Calling Chris Noir! I think we have your next stunt shave!
You trying to introduce a new category for SOTD? The single most expensive shave?
Heh, nope. But it did strike me after my 2nd application, "This stuff ain't cheap!". Ah well, every sniff is payback.

Dave channeling his inner Augustus!

As for the double fisted shave...maybe! I do have the 25th video to think about! That would take a hell of a lot of concentration though!

Dave channeling his inner Augustus!

As for the double fisted shave...maybe! I do have the 25th video to think about! That would take a hell of a lot of concentration though!
Well now you have me wondering if it would be possible to get a decent shave attempting that.

Back