The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2018 shave #293 (DE:99 SE:87 Str:104 Cart:3)
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Stirling tuxedo
CBL Cigar Shop Indian
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2 in 1
Atelier Philtre Ceylan EdP

Doctor, Doctor! Tell me the news! I had to apologize to my RX this morning. It's been far too long. Mercy me what a good shave. Finally got the Stirling brush. Nothing fancy, but I just like the classic shape and design. It is a nice performer too. Might be my go to for a while. Lathering up the CBL, I stopped myself from adding just that last dose of water I would normally and ended up with a nice rich lather to shave with. I'm sure Chris will be happy when I stop blowing past the water band and showing his soaps in not the best light on camera. And of co
urse the RX close BBS.

My wife was at a fancy mall last weekend and ran across a new to us scent company, Atelier. I know Sephora carries some of their basic line. But their higher end line is between Penhaligon's and Creed in price. Tried one this morning and it's pretty nice. This one is supposed to be black tea, bergamot, and spearmint. It's a complex scent that's not one note for sure. I get the pencil shavings base scent which has some black tea peeking through after dry down. Then I get a bit of citrus note which could be the beramot and spearmint combined? We'll see what the longevity is.

https://youtu.be/DlPHmYtqSdA

Nice shave today. I really like Stirling Brushes. I own a few of them.

I have a couple Stirling brushes also. There really solid brushes that perform much better than their price would indicate!

I have a couple Stirling brushes also. There really solid brushes that perform much better than their price would indicate!

Considering one was free i would hope so!
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

2018 shave #294 (DE:99 SE:88 Str:104 Cart:3)
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Stirling tuxedo
Saponificio Varesino Cosmo
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2 in 1
Saponificio Varesino Cosmo AS

Another great RX shave. And another soap I wonder why I don't use more often. Great scent, especially as an aftershave. I think I used a bit too much. I almost overpowered myself on the drive to work!

Well, if my office mate wasn't a functional mute, I'd like to know what he thinks from time to time. Today I image he's sitting there just thinking of reason to get up from his desk.

See...there lies your problem...you actually care what people think about you...?

I think I have 4 brushes, none of them Stirling. Don't like their soap - I find it average. What they lack in quality, they make up with volume. Enjoy your shaves, Dave!

I think I have 4 brushes, none of them Stirling. Don't like their soap - I find it average. What they lack in quality, they make up with volume. Enjoy your shaves, Dave!

So Bruce...tell us how you really feel?
1f60b.png
I'm with you on the soap front of Stirling. But I do like their brushes.

Back