The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

....Stirling....another soap I wonder why I don't use more often....

Stirling - YES!!!
1f44d.png
1f44d.png
1f44d.png
1f44d.png
1f44d.png

....Stirling. Don't like their soap - I find it average. What they lack in quality, they make up with volume....
....I'm with you on the soap front of Stirling....

I'm just going to assume that you guys probably like the Veg - that would explain it.
1f60e.png

If it has been a few years since you have tried Stirling Soap you are doing yourself a disservice. Really anything pre their green tubs. It is great stuff!

OK ok guys! All I mentioned was a Stirling brush. Which I'm finding I like a lot more that I was expecting to. I was going to say I agree with the comment about their soap not being that great, but realized I think it's more seeing all their scents turns me off a bit. But not for any reason other than enjoying the idea of smaller artisans.

Ahh, Cosmo. I have a sample of the aftershave, but still haven't opened it. I'm afraid that when I do I'll have to immediately order the soap and AS.

Ahh, Cosmo. I have a sample of the aftershave, but still haven't opened it. I'm afraid that when I do I'll have to immediately order the soap and AS.

Cosmo is awesome but Opuntia is better from a scent perspective. I own both the soap and splash for each.

Cosmo is awesome but Opuntia is better from a scent perspective. I own both the soap and splash for each.
I totally agree, and finally have the Opuntia AS on the way. It's just darn expensive for that little bottle!

2018 shave #295 (DE:99 SE:88 Str:106 Cart:3)
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (7)
Stirling Tuxedo
Fine Platinum
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2 in 1
Mark Buxton Nameless

Whoooo boy, whadda shave! I was up in the air about which razor to use all the way up to making the lather. While I wanted to enjoy another RX close shave, I figured I need to keep throwing the SS into the mix to keep up my skillz with it. Things went perfectly and I ended up with BBS and DSBSS on the cheeks. Super awesome and no alum sting!

DSBSS! Wow, you have to love it when it all falls together like that. Great shave. Isn't it amazing how a great shave just sets you in a good mood for the day or night depending on when you like to shave?

DSBSS! Wow, you have to love it when it all falls together like that. Great shave. Isn't it amazing how a great shave just sets you in a good mood for the day or night depending on when you like to shave?

I like it when even the newbie can encourage the brotherhood! That is why I love TSC!

For sure, it's 5 hours later and I still feel like I just shaved!

Now you need one of the razors I’m gonna use tonight!
When I work up the willingness to have another disappointment, I’ll try my Sextoblade again. If I can get that to work I might get one of those. Looks more manly than a SS for sure.

Back