The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

This past fall I bought a jon boat in TN and while the notary was doing the transaction looks at me and says, your license is expired. I say I didn't get any notice. She says, I mean REALLY expired. 15 months. Over a year you gotta take the written test again. After those hoops they say oh did you want your M endorsement still. I had told them I did. Gotta take that written test too. I won't bore you with the 4 day ordeal. Don't get me going on the DMV. By the way KY decided to stop notifying you to save money. Even the clerk said there making money hand over fist from citations.

Yes, the more practice with the SS the better! Take some chances, experiment!

Good luck at the animal house!

This past fall I bought a jon boat in TN and while the notary was doing the transaction looks at me and says, your license is expired. I say I didn't get any notice. She says, I mean REALLY expired. 15 months. Over a year you gotta take the written test again. Afyer those hoops they say oh did you want your M endorsement still. I had told them I did. Gotta take tjat written test too. I won't bore you with the 4 day ordeal. Don't gete going on the DMV. By the way KY decided to stop notifying you to save money. Even the clerk said there making ot hand over fist from citations.
There's a nice service they are providing your community

Great shave Dave!
Waiting for your number to be called anywhere, that has to have a number dispenser system, sucks!

Yesterday's shave

2018 shave #252 (DE:85 SE:83 Str:81 Cart:3)
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (?)
Fine Platinum
Pilsoft knot in Shave Revolution handle
Alum
Witch hazel
Nivea 2 in 1

More details in yesterday's video. Overall pretty good. One cheek weeper that lasted a nice long time so I'm thinking I probably sliced the top off something.

2018 shave #253 (DE:86 SE:83 Str:81 Cart:3)
Variant w/ Israeli Personna (1)
LHNC Doc Holiday
Sorrentino OSU brush
Alum
Witch hazel
Nivea 2 in 1
Viktor and Rolf Spice Bomb Extreme

Need to get a little more time in the Variant as well as straights. Set it on 2 1/2 for the cheeks and 1 1/2 for the neck. Good results all around with a no clean-up BBS. I might try a 3 on the cheeks just to see what it's like, but 1 1/2 is good for me on the neck.

Have an off-site training today so won't get to videos or much else until later.

Nice shaves Dave sans the 1 murphy. I like the variant for variety but wish it held the bottom of the blade more rigidly. Have a great day!!

Have a great day Dave! Hope the training goes smoothly!
Nice shaves Dave sans the 1 murphy. I like the variant for variety but wish it held the bottom of the blade more rigidly. Have a great day!!
Nice shave, good luck with the training.
Thanks guys. I'm the rep from Quality and the data guy for our sepsis work being done at our hospital. And we were meeting about rolling out a sepsis initiative to a new population of patients. It's funny, because I this was actually one of the projects I worked on when it was new 10 years ago and I got put back on it last year. It's actually pretty incredible because this is one of the things we do that we can show hard evidence of many lives being saved by changing how we treat patients. Onward and upward.

2018 shave #254 (DE:87 SE:83 Str:81 Cart:3)
Rockwell 6S, plate #4 w/ Feather (2)
Wholly Kaw Fern Concerto
Sorrentino Seafoam
Alum
Witch hazel
Wholly Kaw Fern Concerto AS
Penhaligon's English Fern

My turn with the 6S, and I'll tell you exactly what I think of this. Dang you Dave, now I need another razor! I went with plate #4. KY Dave had suggested something along those lines and originally I thought he was a little nuts because he knows I need something more mild than what he uses. Well, I might have started right on the sweet spot. Right off the bat it felt VERY smooth and efficient and on checking after pass one, it was removing hair just fine. This continued through the whole shave. The weight of the razor felt great, the handle was easy to hold and had a good grip. I could have easily stopped after three passes to end with a no clean-up BBS. But the 6S was so smooth, I went on search and destroy for anything left at all and ended up wi
th what I dare to state is the best DE shave I've ever gotten. With NO alum sting. Winnah winnah! Now after getting the best DE shave ever, there really is no reason to need to improve on anything, but heck, a guy's gotta know. So I'll move on up the plate ladder and see what happens.

Last night was back to school night. Man, I sure don't miss homework. Hearing about quizzes and study packs and tests. I was just thinking "sucks to be a kid".

AWESOME Dave !! I figured you might need 5 to get the shave you want but 4 would be smoother. Great that 4 was so efficient for you. Let's see - You Need a Stirling Synthetic brush or 2 (Black and Green writing) a Rockwell 6s or 6c OR BOTH. Shopping list is growing buddy.

PS - I would never steer you to a bloody shave purposely

Wow pro shave on the first outing! Good job Dave! Hopefully not beginner’s luck.

We has open houses for our kids this last week too...booooorrrriiiiing! There’s gotta be a better way to do it lol.

The 6S and I have a love hate relationship. I love that it provides amazing shaves. And I don't have any complaints about it. But it's an ugly razor... there I said it!

AWESOME Dave !! I figured you might need 5 to get the shave you want but 4 would be smoother. Great that 4 was so efficient for you. Let's see - You Need a Stirling Synthetic brush or 2 (Black and Green writing) a Rockwell 6s or 6c OR BOTH. Shopping list is growing buddy.

PS - I would never steer you to a bloody shave purposely
Now, I haven't shaved with the RX for a while, but I'm thinking this was close to RX level shave. I'm wondering if going up in plates will match the RX. Lets just say if it does, I'm might need therapy to work through that reality.

Wow pro shave on the first outing! Good job Dave! Hopefully not beginner’s luck.

We has open houses for our kids this last week too...booooorrrriiiiing! There’s gotta be a better way to do it lol.
And their seats are HARD! I'd be skipping class all the time just for that!

The 6S and I have a love hate relationship. I love that it provides amazing shaves. And I don't have any complaints about it. But it's an ugly razor... there I said it!
I kinda like it. I give you it's not super sexy like a scalloped Timeless. That thing is off the hook like they used to say. But I don't mind the industrial look of the 6S

Back