The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

UGH Garage cleaning. I dread that day! it is coming up soon for us.
Over the course of painting, getting a new desk, new chairs and the new wine fridge, the garage slowly filled up with the old stuff and supplies. Now that painting is coming to the end, the wife has hinted she's ready for the garage to be empty again. I looked up the price of getting someone to just haul all the junk away and it would be hundreds of dollars. So, I start my plan of breaking things into small enough pieces to throw away a bit each week.

Great shave Dave!

I almost need to get a straight shave by a professional to see how the blade is supposed to feel.
In my experience that can vary greatly also! It all depends on the balde used in and what shavette used or straight razor and edge on said razor. Also some barbers are just better at giving shaves than others. But I do highly recommend getting a shave from a professional, I really enjoy it!

Timeless still in the box, upstaged by the Variant...whaaaat?
1f606.png
IKR?

2018 shave #245 (DE:83 SE:83 Str:77 Cart:3)
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Timeless w/ Wilkinson Sword for clean-up
The Shaving Club - The Closer
VS 2.0 High Mountain Badger
Alum
Witch hazel
Nivea 2 in1
The Shaving Club - The Closer AS

This soap is like the fast food of soaps for me. It's not complex or sophisticated. It's a bit sweet and artificial smelling and I love it for that. It's feels like it's like the comfort food of scent. And if you happen to have any you're not using let me know! I have a saved search on the bay f
or this one. I found a cached website for it to get the description for you:
Ahhhh the sweet smell of money after closing the deal. The Closer doesn't smell quite like money, but it does smell like a man that is all about business. The scent is for those that like to work hard and play harder. The Closer is a cologne type scent that is reminiscent of Armani Eau de Nuit (after the drydown, with less pepper notes at the top). It has warm, yet sweet notes with a blending of bergamot and pink pepper at the top and the warmth of nutmeg, cardamom and iris in the middle. It settles with amber, cedar and tonka bean. This is a masculine, cologne type scent that will not disappoint.

This was a good shave as well. The first two passes with the SS went well. I was having that desire again to add some pressure to even out the skin to make more blade contact and get more aggressive because of the audible feedback. So I paid a lot of attention to pressure and taking more strokes just like I would from a DE. The clean up with the Timeless was as smooth as can be. It was darn near close to feeling like there was no blade at all. I'll probably keep up this combo for a while seeing how good I can get those first two passes. Today, the cheeks were getting close to BBS with just the straight, so that's a good sign.

Nice shave Dave. Glad you're enjoying your Timeless and my pro guard blades arrived so I may give the SS more time in the future. I hope all you enablers are happy........ I sure am.

Just remember if you need to practice angles and holding technique then don’t put a blade in the SS and then shave yourself. Several Several Several several sessions of this and muscle memory will take over. But know that this is not exactly translatable to a traditional straight.

SEE DAVE i have been trying to tell you this for a while now. It is confirmed by a SR pro!
I know, I know. I just have to remember that 12 hrs from now when I'm home with time to do it. Heck, I've forgotten to put a bottle of Nivea balm in my bathroom for 4 days because the only time I remember that is when I go to shave.

2018 shave #246 (DE:83 SE:83 Str:78 Cart:3)
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Timeless w/ Wilkinson Sword for clean-up
Scheermonnik Soek
Plissoft knot in Shave Revolution handle
Alum
Witch hazel
Nivea 2 in1
Mark Buxton - Nameless

What a lovely shave today. When nice a slow. Lots of short overlapping strokes. It went so well my cheeks were BBS after two passes with the SS. So I went for the ATG on the neck. It ended DFS+ before clean up. Whipped around the Timeless for a darn near perfect shave and didn't have any alum burn. I thought it would take a little longer to get to this point. So I'll try to get a few more of these three pass SS shaves under my belt before moving on to the Weck or something.

In bonus news for me, after years of watching data use and not streaming music or videos, my wife finally got tired of me going over our data plan and switched us to unlimited. What does this mean? Cadre videos any time, any where.

In bonus news for me, after years of watching data use and not streaming music or videos, my wife finally got tired of me going over our data plan and switched us to unlimited. What does this mean? Cadre videos any time, any where.

Ha! The Plan finally worked!!

Great shave Dave, keep it up! Awesome news on the data upgrade. You should have Dave in KY’s page refresh record broken by the end of the month! ?

I'm google project fi. I only watch videos when on wi-fi. But my phone bill for my wife and I is only $45 a month!

Back