The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Whew! Another journal that I've fallen way, way, way behind on! How far behind? You'll see in a bit.

Great reads and shaves and good job reviewing the razors and software Dave! Did you ever get the painting done or did I miss that?

So where are the pictures of the shelves?

2018 shave #223 (DE:65 SE:85 Str:74 Cart:2)
Parker 76R w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Plisson knot in Shave Revolution handle
Shave Master Toivo
Witch Hazel & Alum
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Missoni
Do you mean Razor Master Toivo?

Whew! Another journal that I've fallen way, way, way behind on! How far behind? You'll see in a bit.

Great reads and shaves and good job reviewing the razors and software Dave! Did you ever get the painting done or did I miss that?

They're up in his current video...................hurry up and get caught up. Lol

A lot of stuff I update in my videos. Near the home stretch on the painting. I would guess another 2-4 hours in total. We’ll see how many days that gets spread over.

Yep, that’s what it is.

2018 shave #242 (DE:82 SE:83 Str:75 Cart:3)
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Variant clean-up
A&E Spartacus
RazoRock Synth
Alum
Witch hazel
Nivea 2 in 1

2018 shave #243 (DE:82 SE:83 Str:76 Cart:3)
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Variant clean-up
Strop Shoppe Alpine Frost
RazoRock Synth
Alum
Witch hazel
Nivea 2 in1

These are yesterday's and today's shaves. Trying to get back into straights a little between trying out moderns DEs. It's been months since I've used a straight of any type. I'm picking up where I left off by just doing the first two passes with the SS and then a DE for the 3rd pass. Yesterday I'm sure I was distracted by making a video at the same time and got myself some good alum burn all over my face. Today, I took it a little slower and thought more about it. I think I'm close to the same results as when I last did this. Decent hair reduction on the cheeks ending in a BBS after the 3rd pass. But not as good on the neck, with some alum burn and still DFS+ after the 3rd pass. It's a starting point if nothing else.

nice shave Dave. I absolutely love those shelves. That grey brush all the way on the left in the photo had beautiful grain and color.

nice shave Dave. I absolutely love those shelves. That grey brush all the way on the left in the photo had beautiful grain and color.
I do love the looks of that one. I just wish everyone knew Eric’s technique for getting a hard finish.

2018 shave #244 (DE:83 SE:83 Str:76 Cart:3)
Variant w/ Wilkinson Sword (1)
TOBS Jermyn Street
RazoRock Synth
Alum
Witch hazel
Nivea 2 in1
TOBS Jermyn Street EdC?

Monday's shave was in the afternoon, so I was close to BBS still this morning. Went mild with a Wilkinson blade. Had the Variant set on 2 for the first two passes and then 1 for the ATG. Nice easy BBS this morning and I'm smelling oh so pretty. My Timeless is in the bedroom in its box and I need to find a place for it in the bathroom. That would have been perfect for today.

Got a chunk of painting done and I'm on the home stretch when I get around to it. Only painted one day this weekend. One day skipped was just because I had a case of the "I don't give a darns". I did substitute some yard work and garage cleaning. Couple busy days coming up, but then should settle into the normal grind to end the week out.

UGH Garage cleaning. I dread that day! it is coming up soon for us.

Back