The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Got the chance to see this movie in a theater in Downtown Los Angeles a few years back and after it was over....Mel came out on stage and chatted and answered audience questions. Best evening of movie watching I've ever had. Mel was hilarious throughout and side-splitting during the Q & A portion. He can tell some amazing stories.
HBO had a Mel Brooks special some time ago where all he did was tell stories. He made his WWII experiences, where he actually killed Nazi solders, funny. Excellent entertainment.
these are down in the squishy seats where they bring the food and drink to you and the players will actually hear what you're calling them.
Good seats, enjoy the game, along with your $15 beers. Seriously, evening baseball is the best. (y)

2022 shave #226 (DE:47 SE:56 Str:122 Cart:0) - 1481 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (2)
Pinnacle New York
AP flat top
Quinn’s Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Marc-Antoine B683

Late morning shave after coffee and breakfast on the deck. Video posted. I forgot my wife is taking the youngest to Davis to see a play so I’m left to my own devices for the evening again. 😁I mean 😪. Started studying for the exam, but it’s not until Novemberish so it’s hard to feel much motivation or urgency.

DDC6CB0A-E43E-4822-ABF4-A2965838FF3A.jpeg

2022 shave #226 (DE:47 SE:56 Str:122 Cart:0) - 1481 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (2)
Pinnacle New York
AP flat top
Quinn’s Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Marc-Antoine B683

Late morning shave after coffee and breakfast on the deck. Video posted. I forgot my wife is taking the youngest to Davis to see a play so I’m left to my own devices for the evening again. 😁I mean 😪. Started studying for the exam, but it’s not until Novemberish so it’s hard to feel much motivation or urgency.

View attachment 91278
Enjoy your temporary bachelorhood!

2022 shave #227 (DE:47 SE:56 Str:123 Cart:0) - 1482 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
Best Foods Real Mayonnaise (chilled)
Silicone basting
Simply Orange Medium Pulp
Blanton's Special Reserve AS

Video posted.
35F75AC0-1AB6-42B9-970E-DD86B472AF1F.jpeg

Ok.....I have questions.....

1. Can it be truly BBS if you have a merkin in the middle of your face?
2. How did the citrus, milk product and alcohol smell later in the day?
3. Is this non-collegiate hazing?

2022 shave #228 (DE:47 SE:56 Str:124 Cart:0) - 1483 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Schick Proline (4)
Oaken Lab Far Afield
Maggard synth
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache

Back to our regularly scheduled amazing shaves. Been a busy day already. I need some random national holiday to spring up for Friday to give us a three-day weekend. I have a newish 8am meeting every day now that takes at least 30min of prep work. The cafeteria doesn't open until 7am for my burrito and I need to make my coffee sometime after that as well. Just go go go. Our therapist/counselor union is out on strike starting today. They want more resources. Well, I'm not in the negotiating room, but I do know there's a national shortage of these folks and we've been hiring more every year. Add that with an increased need for mental health resources across the whole country if not the entire world, and I'm not sure where they expect the people to come from. Anyway, in my world that meant the state showed up to make sure care in the hospital was happening appropriately and I got to spend 90min of my morning with those fine folks and my boss.
7D655FF5-0954-43F4-BB73-A90028D0335E.jpeg

Ok.....I have questions.....

1. Can it be truly BBS if you have a merkin in the middle of your face?
2. How did the citrus, milk product and alcohol smell later in the day?
3. Is this non-collegiate hazing?
1. Yes, that's the part of the baby's butt you leave alone.
2. Given the sugary content of several of the steps, soap and water was used after the director called it a wrap. I know, Hollywood loses its magic when you see behind the curtain.
3. Yes. Dave said I was already awarded the shirt and now I needed to earn it.

Back