The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

For @Graybeard57

In the 16th century, the phrase "haste, post, haste" was used to inform posts (as couriers were then called) that a letter was urgent and must be hastily delivered. Posts would then speedily gallop along a route with a series of places at which to get a fresh horse or to relay the letter to a fresh messenger. William Shakespeare was one of the first to use a version of the phrase adverbially in Richard II. "Old John of Gaunt ... hath sent post haste / To entreat your Majesty to visit him," the Bard versified. He also used the phrase as an adjective (a use that is now obsolete) in Othello: "The Duke ... requires your haste-post-haste appearance," Lieutenant Cassio reports to the play's namesake. Today, the word still possesses a literary flair attributable to the Bard. (Merriam-Webster, 2022)

Merriam-Webster, (2022), Posthaste, Merriam-Webster Dictionary, www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/posthaste.

2022 shave #224 (DE:45 SE:56 Str:122 Cart:0) - 1480 days of consecutive shaving
Kamisori w/ Feather Proguard (2)
The Club The Novelist
Copper Boar
Quinn’s Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Another shave full of loveliness. Took the kids out for dinner last night to celebrate the first day of another school year. Interesting how the issues and journies of each are so different from the others. Just another day in paradise for me. By coincidence, we have three people in the office for their last day today cleaning stuff out. Going to be even more quiet than normal around here for a while.
C54BC9E3-0E53-4A4E-BAC1-E47BD8EDFB71.jpeg

we have three people in the office for their last day today cleaning stuff out. Going to be even more quiet than normal around here for a while.
Part of the restructuring?
The nursing offices will be considered contaminated and hazardous for the next few days due to Dave’s lingering frag cloud.
Just tell them the office was sprayed for bugs. Should sound believable.

Part of the restructuring?
One was the other director that is being mapped to our ex sister hospital. One is one of my staff that got a promotion. And one is a person that covers three hospitals but mostly works from home or one of the other hospitals and only shows up a couple times a year. I need her desk because we’re moving our staff to all one floor.

One was the other director that is being mapped to our ex sister hospital. One is one of my staff that got a promotion. And one is a person that covers three hospitals but mostly works from home or one of the other hospitals and only shows up a couple times a year. I need her desk because we’re moving our staff to all one floor.
Very busy time, that's for sure.

I love that movie! Mel Brooks, killer of Nazis, is a comedic genius.
Got the chance to see this movie in a theater in Downtown Los Angeles a few years back and after it was over....Mel came out on stage and chatted and answered audience questions. Best evening of movie watching I've ever had. Mel was hilarious throughout and side-splitting during the Q & A portion. He can tell some amazing stories.

2022 shave #225 (DE:46 SE:56 Str:122 Cart:0) - 1480 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
Grooming Dept Tobacco Oud
Wolf Whiskers
Quinn’s Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Le Labo Tabac 28

Welp, first and only time using this soap. It didn't smell that much in the tub, but once smeared in the bowl it started to blossom. And when I lather it, it exploded into the scent of Kalamata olives. Which I do not like at all. I tried to think about oud to switch the scent profile in my head, but no dice. There must be one scent note that's striking me differently than it does others. I thought Brian might need there to mix with a Martini soap, but I assume it won't smell like this to everyone.

My wife scored some Giants tickets for tonight from work. We've had some pretty good seats before, but these are down in the squishy seats where they bring the food and drink to you and the players will actually hear what you're calling them. I guess they are probably going to be playing baseball too, but that shouldn't ruin the evening.
2D2C1B3A-973E-449E-AE3F-443D06321C5A.jpeg

My wife scored some Giants tickets for tonight from work. We've had some pretty good seats before, but these are down in the squishy seats where they bring the food and drink to you and the players will actually hear what you're calling them. I guess they are probably going to be playing baseball too, but that shouldn't ruin the evening.
Hmm...lets check how the hated Giants have been doing lately....**checks the interwebs**.....!!!!

Well, my friend, at least there's the nice seats for you to sit in.

Back