The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #236 (DE:48 SE:59 Str:128 Cart:0) - 1491 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Aristocrat 1952-1954 w/ Wizamet (3)
Grooming Dept Diamond Dust
Graydog Education History
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

Today was all about the 30min I get with the new CNO/COO. Compromised with a dress shirt, no tie. DE so there was no risk of a new facial racing stripe. And the soap picked to use Oud Minerale which I view as a complex and pleasant yet mild and unassuming scent.

So here I was, just having a normal crappy day. Leadership above the senior leadership level determined it best to not allow any offers to be extended to new staff just as we were going to extend two offers for my two open positions. The downfalls of people having to deal with finances on a large organizational level. Another trickle down effect from COVID this one. And then in our brain twister of an HR system there was a technicality why my request for a temp RN couldn't go through and I had to start from ground one for that. I told my wife it feels like the DMV. They are there to provide a service for you, but I question if there is any accountability as to how accessible said service is.

Anyway, that was just build-up. After alllll that, I see a post on a Disney Cruise page that the company that makes the bath products used on all the ships and all the Disney resorts is going out of business. What??? No, there is speculation that Dinsey must have moved their contract to another company as their purchases alone should be enough to keep a company afloat. Any, sad news for me, but I figure I'll just go to Amazon where I get the unbranded version of their shampoo and stock up. Nope, already gone. What a disaster. Then, through the power of the internet someone points out the branded versions are on the Shop Disney website and at a discount that brings them to the normal Amazon price. I head there and sure enough, there they are. I stock up on some shampoo, bar soap, and a bottle of lotion. Free shipping here I come. Nope, $17 shipping is still on the bill. Forget that! I'm complaining off and on and this to my wife. And then right before bed, she mentions the free shipping again. Shows me where I need to put in the code for it (nice try to sneak the shipping in there Disney) and then how I can get another 10% off with her credit card. Whew! I'mm be set for a least 6 months now.

10 days since buying a watch. But I did rewatch some review videos on one. Give me strength!

FF8EDA43-423E-4F16-A14E-A4C38A5635E4.jpeg

2022 shave #237 (DE:48 SE:59 Str:129 Cart:0) - 1492 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Crowne & Crane Cabana
Custom synth
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Le Labo Tabac 28

What I lovely shave I had with this plastic wonder. Nice and smooth and not a lick of alum sting. And I smell lovely yet again.

Got a call from my boss last night. Never a good sign. Have an all-hands-on-deck type of thing that is pretty much taking over today and maybe the evening as well. We'll see how it goes, but when the president of the organization says get it done today, everyone keeps working.

0 days since buying a watch.
A4383AFE-70EF-4A55-93A7-418CCDB8595C.jpeg

Back