The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

School is starting up this week so starts the volunteering. My wife has a hard time saying no, so of course she gets asked a lot.
Sounds like my wife's experiences when our kids were in elementary school. She could have been there 40 hours/week, as far as the school was concerned.

2022 shave #221 (DE:45 SE:56 Str:119 Cart:0) - 1477 days of consecutive shaving
Blackland Vector w/ Schick Proline (4)
Southern Witchcrafts Carpathia
Maggard synth
Quinn’s Lavender
Nivea 2:1
Southern Witchcrafts Carpathia AS

Ya ya ya, I know technically this is a woman's razor, but it's not all that bad. Good to change things up from time to time. This weekend seems to have gone by fairly quickly. I didn't get my sleeping in mornings as since we got back from our last trip one of the cats had taken to sleeping against my legs. It's like a little hearer down there and I wake up early in the morning needing to cool off a bit. Darn adorable things.

The shuffling of work continues with people moving from one job to another and such. Luckily, it's shuffling between neighboring hospitals in the system so they can continue to help out for a while. I also found out our COO/CNO is retiring. I'm bummed as he was a bit of a mentor for me and one of the only ones I felt like I could ask a frank question and get an honest answer. Good for him to move on with life while all the changes are happening, but it adds to the changes for the hospital.
315F7777-9A91-4CB4-9B8E-986F417BB1F4.jpeg

Man, the steamroller of change just keeps on a-chuggin.

This weekend was (relatively) hot here! I can’t imagine a furry beast cuddling up on top of that. Sucks to not have AC! 😵‍💫

Ya ya ya, I know technically this is a woman's razor, but it's not all that bad.
:LOL:
The shuffling of work continues with people moving from one job to another and such. Luckily, it's shuffling between neighboring hospitals in the system so they can continue to help out for a while.
This can be very unsettling. Hopefully, the dust settles soon. Staff morale during these processes can take a hit. With the usual menu of stressors that nurses deal with, they may feel especially vulnerable.

2022 shave #222 (DE:45 SE:56 Str:120 Cart:0) - 1478 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Schick Proline (3)
Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
Quinn’s Lavender
Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch AS
Creed Viking

Whoo boy, I'm good at this! For the first time, I stopped at 2 passes because I was wet skin BBS after those. BOOM! And I smell a-maz-ing.

12F2C558-23F1-4817-92D2-34F3FEAA3FED.jpeg

2022 shave #222 (DE:45 SE:56 Str:120 Cart:0) - 1478 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Schick Proline (3)
Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
Quinn’s Lavender
Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch AS
Creed Viking

Whoo boy, I'm good at this! For the first time, I stopped at 2 passes because I was wet skin BBS after those. BOOM! And I smell a-maz-ing.

View attachment 90952
Congrats on a most excellent shave! (y)

2022 shave #223 (DE:45 SE:56 Str:121 Cart:0) - 1479 days of consecutive shaving
Kamisori w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Lakewood Soap Company Prairie Song
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
Quinn’s Lavender
Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal

Did a video because my sponsor started threatening legal action if content wasn't created posthaste.

In the 16th century, the phrase "haste, post, haste" was used to inform posts (as couriers were then called) that a letter was urgent and must be hastily delivered. Posts would then speedily gallop along a route with a series of places at which to get a fresh horse or to relay the letter to a fresh messenger. William Shakespeare was one of the first to use a version of the phrase adverbially in Richard II. "Old John of Gaunt ... hath sent post haste / To entreat your Majesty to visit him," the Bard versified. He also used the phrase as an adjective (a use that is now obsolete) in Othello: "The Duke ... requires your haste-post-haste appearance," Lieutenant Cassio reports to the play's namesake. Today, the word still possesses a literary flair attributable to the Bard.

Thanks to the cadre's version of Kramer @The Cutthroat Journey for pointing me to the Feather SR Kami as a possible scratch to fix my itch for a heavier kamisori-style razor. I would not have thought of going with that because it looks pretty much like all the others. But I have to take such a YouTube start at his word.
C8CAEC8E-6B09-4099-AB74-7C632F2EAD8B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back